TEAM LEADER, B-SKILLFUL PHASE II (Re-advertisement)
READVERTISEMENT (Candidates who applied last time need not to apply again.)
Swisscontact is inviting applications from development professionals willing to lead the ongoing second phase of its skills and enterprise development programme, B-SkillFUL, in Bangladesh. This programme is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), represented by the Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh. After a successful completion of Phase I, B-SkillFUL Phase II commenced operations from September 2020 with the aim to improve productivity and competitiveness of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and create better jobs in the furniture making, light engineering and leather goods manufacturing sectors across six districts in Bangladesh. The programme’s major areas of focus are (a) workplace-based training, coaching and mentoring services for unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled workers and management staff at SMEs and (b) specialised BDS targeting production methods and working conditions in SMEs.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking team leader, with hands-on experience in working on enterprise development, to lead a team of sharp professionals, drive innovations and make a lasting impact. The preferred candidate should be process-focused and people-oriented, with strong social skills. Experience of working in Asia will be an asset.
TEAM LEADER, B-SKILLFUL PHASE II
Employment start: 01 September 2021
Contract duration: Initial contract of one year with options to extend up to three years
Place of work: Dhaka, Bangladesh with regular visits to the programme’s field locations within the country.
• Implement an operational strategy to design, test, adapt and scale enterprise development models for SMEs in selected clusters and sectors
o through private sector led sustainable models for skilling and up-skilling workers and improving their working conditions; and
o through sustainable provision of Business Development Services (BDS) to SMEs;
• Lead programme implementation to achieve qualitative and quantitative outcomes and intended impact;
• Ensure gender and social inclusion and environmental sustainability aspects are mainstreamed and achieved;
• Establish an adaptive programme management process utilising the results and evidence from the Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) system;
• Lead the knowledge curation process, particularly with regard to developing country-specific SME and skills-development concepts, toolkits and case studies.
• Mentor and coach staff on pertinent technical and programme management issues;
• Develop programme progress reports, including technical reports and financial reports;
• Ensure that all financial reports to the funder and the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) are accurate and submitted timely; and
• Lead on managing communication and relationship with the funder.
• At least a master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Social Science, or relevant fields;
• Minimum 12 years of progressive professional work experience and at least 6 years of experience at strategic leadership role in managing complex private sector development programmes; (flexible for candidates with strong hands on experience in private sector and enterprise development.)
• Proven track record in designing, implementing and managing enterprise development, and/or market systems development programmes/ initiatives;
• Strong understanding of business development services (BDS) for SME development;
• Strong understanding of private sector-led skills development interventions, along with private sector development and business decision making processes;
• Experience in leveraging private sector investment for business modernisation, workforce development and business growth;
• Experience in managing medium to large-scale development cooperation programmes, especially with different financing modalities;
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in financial management, including budget cyle management and risk management;
• Demonstrated capacity to manage staff and build teams across different programme locations, with diverse skill sets and in a multicultural setup;
• Experience of working in Asia will be an asset;
• Hands-on experience of working fragile context, especially in engagement in the private sector;
• Experience in applying analytical adaptive management tools and processes for achieving systemic results;
• Excellent analytical, negotiating, problem solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to manage working relationship with diverse public and private stakeholders;
• Experience of mentoring and coaching team of young professionals; and
• Advanced communication skills in English (verbal, writing, listening and presentation skills) with excellent computer literacy in MS Office programs (specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Please access the detail job description in this link:
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organisational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, and a list of three (3) referees. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 25 June 2021, 11:59 PM Bangladesh Standard Time (GMT + 6)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the final selection process.
Swisscontact is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women.
Further information about Swisscontact is available on our website www.swisscontact.org.