International Expert on PAPI Research Quality Control (A-210601)
homebased with mission to hanoi
UNDP Vietnam is seeking for 01 International Expert on PAPI Research Quality Control (140 working days)
Procurement Notice with enclosed TOR and evaluation criteria are in the attached files or can be downloaded from the below links:
The objectives of the assignment is to provide international expertise in and advice on research quality control for the PAPI initiative, in particular:
- doing sampling of PAPI populations using the PAPI sample framework and to provide quality control of PAPI surveys
- overseeing real-time data collected from the tablet-based PAPI surveys and inform UNDP Viet Nam about any abnormality that needs concurrent attention and field intervention
- calculating and applying survey weights necessary to construct the index and measure national trends
- analyzing national aggregate data for special thematic chapters in the annual PAPI reports
Duties and Responsibilities
The selection will be on a competitive basis and will comply with UNDP procurement regulations.
- Procurement process is being conducted through the online tendering system of UNDP. Bidders who wish to submit an offer must be registered in the system.
Visit this page for system user guides and videos in different languages: http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/operations/procurement/business/procurement-notices/resources/
If already registered, go to https://etendering.partneragencies.org and sign in using your username and password. Use “Forgotten password” link if you do not remember your password. Do not create a new profile.
If you have never registered in the system before, you can register by visiting the link below and follow the instructions in the user guide (attached):
- Username: event.guest
You can view and download tender documents with the guest account as per the above username and password, However, if you are interested to participate, you must register in the system and subscribe to this tender to be notified when amendments are made.
To attend this bid, please keep link below and insert the following information:
BU Code: VNM10
Event ID number: A-210601
Submission Deadline: ?Tuesday 22 June 2021
1. Date and time visible on the main screen of event (on e-tendering portal) will be final and prevail over any other closing time indicated elsewhere, in case they are different. Please also note that the bid closing time shown in the PDF file generated by the system is not accurate due to a technical glitch that we will resolve soon. The correct bid closing time is as indicated in the e-tendering portal and system will not accept any bid after that time. It is the responsibility of the bidder to make sure bids are submitted within this deadline. UNDP will not accept any bid that is not submitted directly in the system.
2. Try to submit your bid a day prior or well before the closing time. Do not wait until last minute. If you face any issue submitting your bid at the last minute, UNDP may not be able to assist.
Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Vietnamese politics
Strong and proven competence in using STATA software for sampling and data analysis with large “n” databases
Proven experience in survey methodology and demonstrated expertise in quantitative approaches to governance measurement and analysis
A proven track record of international publications on governance, politics and/or related fields
Required Skills and Experience
PhD degree in political science and/or economics (an asset if Viet Nam related);