Director, Communications & Outreach
At a time of strategic growth, AKADEMIYA2063 has an immediate opening for the position of Director of Outreach and Communications (DOC). Under the guidance of the Managing Director, the incumbent will set and advance the Organization’s communications goals to deepen and expand its storytelling, funder/grantee engagement, and overall reach. The DOC will develop and implement a new, expanded, comprehensive communications and outreach strategy consistent with the organization’s strategic plan.
The DOC’s main goals will be to increase the external footprint and visibility of AKADEMIYA2063 by maximizing the dissemination, coverage and impact of our research outputs, and by promoting our programs, initiatives, events and activities among policy makers, donors, the media, and the general public. The DOC will be responsible for translating and communicating complicated research content and its relevance to applicable audiences, identifying the appropriate outreach and communication channels, resources, tools and events needed to effectively reach critical audiences. Interested applicants must have the proper authorization to work in Senegal.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, execute, and assess AKADEMIYA2063’s organization-wide communications, media outreach and story-telling strategy.
- Oversee the integration of communications and outreach efforts across the organization, including facilitating communications needs for programs and organizational initiatives.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for placing articles, Op-Ed pieces, and other supports in local, regional, and international media.
- Collaborate with other departments, as needed, to conceptualize and develop written content, including presentations, impact reports, web copy, and other collaterals.
- Develop the design, writing, branding and development of AKADEMIYA2063’s communications materials and tool.
- Develop innovative outreach strategies and initiatives to engage critical audiences.
- Supervise and lead all members of the communications team, including outside consultants, partner agencies, freelance designers, and production vendors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key outreach partners.
- Perform other tasks, as required by the evolution of the organization and the role.
- Advanced degree in Communication, Development Studies, International Relations or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of applicable experience with at least 3 years of senior-level experience developing and executing successful comprehensive communications and outreach strategies.
- Knowledge of how the nonprofit field operates.
- Passionate, forward-thinking, and detail-oriented leader who is collaborative and motivational.
- Team player who creates trust, exudes credibility, and can elevate enthusiasm across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior and other staff to achieve goals.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working individually and as part of a small but growing team.
- Transparent about challenges in addition to progress and success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole this document
AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer.