Logistics Assistant - Kerman Based- Iran Nationals Only
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world's largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC in the Islamic Republic of Iran:
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian
assistance in 9 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives among INGOs to improve rights of the displaced. Following several recent breakthroughs, NRC Iran is scaling up substantially its activities in support of the Government of Iran efforts towards an estimated 3,6 million Afghans residing in country and is expanding its programme unit.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the Logistics portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Promote the rights of refugees and displaced in line with the advocacy strategy
- Identify and report protection needs and gaps, explore and propose new and safer ways to assist.
Asset/Inventories management, keep updated inventories of office equipment and supplies and provide timely processing of updates and orders.
- Ensure NRC’s office assets are kept in good working conditions, properly tagged and NRC logistics records are properly filed and maintained.
- Provide required transportation services for the missions to Kerman.
- Travel to project sites as logistics representative for final approval of the projects when needed.
- Assist NRC logistics team to conduct sourcing and procurement,
- Work closely with programme, finance and HR Admin units to consolidate local procurements and assist in reporting.
- Responsible for monthly petty cash and purchasing Office Supplies.
- Responsible for the supervision of NRC premises’ maintenance in Kerman.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good level of English knowledge
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
University degree, preferably Business, Industrial Engineering, MBA, Economics or any other similar major
- Good knowledge of computer and IT systems and devices such as (Multi-Functional machines, Computers and etc.) is an advantage
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word …)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in purchasing, procurement, and supply chain management
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in inventory and assets management
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in warehousing and stock management
Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with People
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
We can offer
Salary: based on NRC grade structure
Duty Station: Kerman
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.