Treasury Assistant (G5)
This is a fixed-term post with the six months’ probation period financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB). The Project duration is until 31 December 2021 with the possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
Works in on-line banking system on a daily basis:
- Enters payment orders in on-line banking system;
- Ensures that all required documents are attached and banking details, figures and amounts are correct;
- Obtains necessary signatures with accordance to bank Signatory Panel in order to process the payment;
- Creates application forms for currency conversion transactions based on estimated cash needs;
- Contacts suppliers if bank details are incorrect and requesting to provide with valid data.
Acts as a cash custodian, handles cash disbursements and settles the receipts; records all transactions in the PCU cash books;
Records data and transactions in ORACLE on a daily basis:
- Processes payment vouchers against bank transfer transactions in ORACLE;
- Processes payment vouchers against cash desk, including creating of Miscellaneous transactions;
- Creates Replenishment Invoices for currency conversion transactions, cash withdrawal, cash-in-transits activity and cash replenishments from Treasury Unit in Secretariat based on monthly cash forecasts.
Co-operates with the bank on all daily work issues: payment orders, applications for conversion and other required document flow between the PCU and the bank.
Arranges an efficient filling system
Replaces other treasury staff during leaves/absence
Performs other related duties as required.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by specialized trainings in the area of accounting, finance and computerized financial systems;
- Minimum four years of relevant working experience in the field of finance,
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications. Practical experience with ERP systems (ORACLE or SAP) and electronic banking would be an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Annual remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 12,352. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org. Please use the Google Chrome for the correct data presentation. The deadline for applications is 04 July 2021.
Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.