Donor Compliance Advisor for EU based in DRC Brussels
Would you like to be part of one of Europe’s major international NGOs working with displacement affected communities in 40 countries around the World? Do you see yourself as part of a strong and fast-paced multi-national donor compliance team, interacting with and supporting colleagues who work in some of the world’s most challenging environments?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for Donor Compliance Advisor (DCA) to support our field offices’ work to engage with partners and ensure compliance with donor regulations. The DCA will cover the main DRC European Union (EU) donors (such as DG ECHO, INTPA, DG NEAR), and possibly other donors as needs arise. You will be part of a small and dynamic team in Brussels and work alongside a second donor advisor focused on engagement and compliance, also based in DRC Brussels. At a technical level, the two Brussels based EU DCAs have regular interaction and exchange with other Donor Compliance Advisors based in at DRC Headquarters in Copenhagen and in DRC Geneva.
The objective of the DCA EU position is to monitor donor regulations frameworks and develop the compliance capacity of headquarters and DRC’s +40 country offices. The DCA will support a variety of initiatives including compliance support and help desk, process support on compliance and engagement, internal information management, production of communication and training material, outreach and partner engagement with institutional donors, data management and other tasks.
The Donor Compliance Advisor should meet the following requirements:
- Master’s level university degree or equivalent; or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on issues related to donor compliance, operational support. project and programme management in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Experience with at least one of the donors covered by the position.
- Have an interest in the humanitarian and development sectors and issues related to displacement-affected people.
- Be fluent in English. French is an advantage but not an absolute requirement.
- Prior experience in an INGO, UN or European Commission an asset.
- Field experience an asset, but not required.
- Be effective in the use of MS Office.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Be able to work systematically with a good structure for the tasks that you are responsible for.
- Have an eye for details and strive to get the job done.
- Right to live and work in Belgium.
Terms of Reference
The generic ToR for Donor Compliance Advisors apply for this position, it is, however, expected that the main focus will be on the following tasks:
- Monitor, analyze and disseminate information and intelligence related to the donors covered.
- Provide basic help desk compliance support to DRCs operations on the above-mentioned donors.
- Assist on assessments, audits, and partnership processes, such as partnership assessment, strategic partnership, and audits.
- Survey, data, and analytics on donor compliance services.
- Prepare, facilitate, and host webinars.
- Tracking of helpdesk activities.
- Mapping of existing donor compliance material and information and work on user friendliness.
- Assist with development of tools for compliance trainings.
- Assist with maintenance and development of the Donor Compliance and Coordination Unit’s internal website.
- Assist with writing of project references.
- Responsible for checking donor portals regarding funding opportunities.
- Meeting preparations and minutes as required.
- Prepare infographs of donor funding trends and other information relevant to the unit’s work.
- Travels in Europe and to DRC field operations when required.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant internal working groups on systems, compliance and guidelines with a donor compliance perspective
- Terms and conditions in accordance with DRC Brussels’ salary scale
- Availability: As soon as possible
- Working hours: Full time 38 hours per week
- Place of work: DRC Brussels
Submit your application consisting of motivation letter (max. 1 page) and your CV including contact details for minimum two referees. Language: English.
Please submit your application through the link “Apply for position” on this page no later than 07 July 2021. Only applications received online will be considered.
All applications will be reviewed through a fair process of selection. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews are expected to be conducted in July.
Potential relocation costs are covered by the candidate that accepts the role.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult https://drc.ngo/.
For questions related to the post, please contact DRC Brussels Representative Birte Hald firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to the online application system, please contact email@example.com