Programme Associate (Thai national only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Regional Advisor – Governance, Peace and Security, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme Associate contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Regional Office and UN Women HQ as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
The Governance, Peace and Security section implements regional programmes in thematic areas such as preventing violent extremism; advancing the role of women in law enforcement; women, peace and cybersecurity; and enhancing the availability, quality and use of gender statistics; and increasing women’s access to justice. The section further supports the implementation of programmes at the country level across the region, and works with governments to advance gender-inclusive laws and policies in the areas of peace and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the country offices and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templates and business processes in programme and project management;
- Review programme data from programmes/projects for the Regional Office website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
2. Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
- Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
3. Provide advanced administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
- Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants.
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within Regional Office resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, Regional Office, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
5. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Coordinate the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues, including training for responsible parties on financial reporting.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for Regional Office management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems;
- Quality background and presentation materials.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Strong knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit, synthesize and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills;
- Excellent IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team;
- Work experience in the UN system is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-p11-personal-history-form.doc?la=en&vs=558. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.