Research Associate - Forest Ecologist
This is a remote position.
Within the framework of the intervention “Promoting sustainable opportunities in the cocoa of excellence value chain in Ecuador and Peru” funded by the French Facility for Global Environment, the successful candidate will;
- Integrate information from local species inventories;
- Define a portfolio of suitable species based on farmers preferences, and contextual socio-ecological conditions;
- Develop a species selection flow and design a web tool to inform species selection;
- Coordinate with projects partners across components related to species suitability mapping;
- Elaborate communication and scientific products;
- Consolidate the link of the Latin America team with CIFOR-ICRAF themes Trees productivity and Diversity;
- Represent the organization in technical domains related to the products;
- Represent the organization in scientific domains related to the requested expertise;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing amongst partners and in public events;
- Mentor and guide, where applicable, junior colleagues and partners.
Education, knowledge, and experience:
- PhD or equivalent work experience in forest ecology, agroforestry, agroecology and related subjects.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in tropical context, with a strong preference for the Amazon basin.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Proven experience in working with database sets
- Fluency, both spoken, read and written in Spanish is a must
- Good domain of English essential.
- Experience working with international organizations and in multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.