Generalist, Global HR
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Job Title: Generalist, Global HR
Preferred Location: Washington DC*
*Currently PSI's operating status is Mandatory Telework. We will take a phased approach to Return-to-Office shifting first to voluntary return to office in July, followed by a gradual return to regular operating status by 2022. Upon return to regular operating status, the selected candidate will have the option to work onsite, interchangeably (home and on-site), or work from their home state in one of PSI's approved locations.
Reports to: Sr Manager, Talent Partners (Domestic) with Matrix to Lead, Employee Relations.
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it's global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are looking for an HR professional with at least 5 years experience to support our employee relations and compliance programs, HR-related investigations, and support cross-cutting team operations (what we call "running the business") and priority projects (what we call "changing the business"). In 2021, our priorities are related to implementing our Work-From-Almost-Anywhere Philosophy, baking Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into our talent management ecosystems, and operations excellence.
- Serve as lead on assigned ethics point cases and provide complex support on Employee Relations programs. (40%)
- Provide complex support for daily operations and project management. Research project topics as applicable. Includes coordinating large meetings and/or training sessions, employee surveying (i.e. pulse checks, exit interviews, focus groups), data collection/synthesis, and drafting and editing key stakeholder presentations. (35%)
- Lead moderately complex HR initiatives, projects, and process improvements, promoting consistency in application across business units and geographic locations. Provide support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for information tracking, leveraging and managing Teams sites, creation and maintenance of systems, reports/analytics and online communications site(s). (15%)
- Serve as Talent Partner (Business Partner or Talent Acquisition) on surge capacity basis. (10%)
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
- At least 5 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- Solid knowledge of US and international employment laws. Basic knowledge of one or more human resource disciplines including, but not limited to employee development, change management, recruitment, employee relations, compliance, and performance management.
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments and have comfort with matrix management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written English skills required; fluency in French and/or Spanish preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Solid knowledge of HRIS-based software and SharePoint preferred. Able to pick up new technologies and systems quickly.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete confidentiality for sensitive issues and information.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Measurement:You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them. Pragmatism: You'll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won't be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect. Honesty:You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings - it's the only way you'll learn and improve. Collaboration:You'll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices - if you try to do it all yourself, you won't succeed. Trust:You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt. Commitment:You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.