Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
To provide grants management assistance and support related to monitoring and evaluation in compliance with DRC's and local guidelines and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct participatory monitoring activities with DRC beneficiaries to get information and feedback on the quality and relevance of assistance, both in the refugee camps and within the host community.
- Support the programs in refinement of data collection methodology and regular use of M&E tools and frameworks.
- Ensure high quality of data through accurate data collection, data entry and upload as well as basic analysis of information.
- Regularly undertake field monitoring visits to conduct household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, pre- and post-assessments, focus group discussions, and any required visits as planned with the PDQS or Senior Program Managers.
- Ensure timely reporting on monitoring activities in line with work plans and project timelines, coordinating closely with the Senior Grants Officer, PDQS and programme managers.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field observations and monitoring findings to the PDQS and relevant programme staff.
- Work closely with programme teams to ensure that project-relevant information is shared among teams.
- Support programme staff to implement accountability measures as per DRC standards.
- Support programme staff and disseminate monitoring and evaluation understanding among the program teams.
- Other M&E activities as assigned (including support to baseline assessments, end lines, evaluations, etc.).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector or with. social work, community development, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or civil society.
- Previous experience in either programme implementation, coordination, analysis or monitoring and evaluation essential.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and KoBo Toolbox.
- Experience working with data collection tools such as Kobo collect.
- University degree in Information Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or other relevant area.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 23rd June 2021 (23:59 CPH Time)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth.
- Various learning and development platforms.
- Two bonus per year.
- Relocation allowance.
- Mobile Allowance.
- Leave Encashment.
- Group life Insurance including Family.
- Dental and Optical benefits.
- Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees' details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.