National Consultant, Media Campaign for CEC (SSA)
The POiB has been supporting the electoral authorities in strengthening electoral processes for many years by providing expert support, creating discussion platforms and facilitating capacity-building initiatives. Throughout 2018-2020 the POiB facilitated the process of the Electoral Legislation Improvement Strategy 2018-2020 development and implementation.
On 10 March 2021, the Government established an interagency working group for the implementation of the Presidential order on inventory of the Kyrgyz Republic legislation. On 23 March 2021 , the President issued another order for establishing the interagency working sub-group with the aim to revise electoral legislation in line with the new Constitution adopted in April 2021. The working sub-group led and coordinated by the Central Election Commission developed amendments to the electoral legislation, which are posted on the Presidential web-site. It is expected that the proposals will be submitted to the Parliament in June 2021. Currently, the CEC is planning to organize a series of public discussions and carry out wide-scale information campaign on the changes to electoral legislation.
In light of this, the POiB intends to provide expert support to the CEC for facilitating the mentioned information campaign on the changes to electoral legislation.
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to provide expert support to the Central Election Commission of Kyrgyzstan in carrying out information campaign on the changes to the electoral legal framework.
Duration of Assignment:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Human Dimension Department and National Democratic Institutions Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Facilitate the CEC in carrying out information campaign on the changes to the electoral legislation and the CEC activity, in particular
- Hold regular meetings with the CEC senior management, staff and its working groups, including the working group on legislation improvement for ensuring implementation of the assignment;
- Prepare publications and information materials on the CEC events and changes to electoral legislation for mass media and social networks;
- Maintaining and prompting the CEC web-site and social media;
- Preparation and posting information on the CEC web-site news section regarding events organized by the CEC
- Organize coverage of public discussions related to the electoral legislation changes organized by the CEC;
- Organize public discussion on TV channels on changes to the electoral legislation in support to the CEC and civic education centre with the aim to increase citizens’ awareness;
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek
- University degree in the field of political sciences, journalism, law, human rights, public administration, or related field;
- Minimum 6 years of practical experience in the field of journalisms. Participation in election related information campaign as a media expert will be a strong asset;
- Strong knowledge of the electoral framework of the Kyrgyz Republic and latest developments in the field of elections;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Flexibility, ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver against tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with the OSCE and the political nature of the Organization;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills; professional fluency in Russian would be an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Remuneration will depend on the selected consultant's qualifications and experience and be in accordance with OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
If you are not a national of a participating State, you must apply by submitting an offline application form which can be found under http://www.osce.org/employment/108714.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.