Programme Assistant (G-5) TA, San Salvador, El Salvador #116140
San Salvador (El Salvador)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Post Title: Programme Assistant
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Supervisor: Social Policy Specialist
Please note this is a locally recruited position for which only nationals of El Salvador or internationals with a valid work permit will be eligible.
For every child, a champion
Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme assistant supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
How can you make a difference?
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive Programme Assistant to support UNICEF’s El Salvador office in the areas described below, seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply!
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant roster up to date.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Service Gateway.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures, including:
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Prepare and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Supporting the management of HACT procedures with IPs, processing of FACEs in VISION.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system that monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs, and preparing background materials for participants.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Learning & Researching (1)
- Planning and organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
- Strong office management skills.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credentials and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service. Please note this is a locally recruited position for which only nationals of El Salvador or internationals with a valid work permit will be eligible.
MEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.