HR Business Partner (International)
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Job Title: HR Business Partner (International)
Preferred Location: Washington DC*
*Currently PSI's operating status is Mandatory Telework. We will take a phased approach to Return-to-Office shifting first to voluntary return to office in July, followed by a gradual return to regular operating status by 2022. Upon return to regular operating status, the selected candidate will have the option to work onsite, interchangeably (home and on-site), or work from their home state in one of PSI's approved locations.
Reports to: Sr Manager, Talent Partners (International)
Department: Human Resources
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it's global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
The HR Business Partner will manage a portfolio of internationally focused departments, working closely with department leaders to develop integrated talent solutions that balance the achievement of business and talent management goals. Advise on tactics and strategies related to the full talent life cycle including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, change management, learning and development, compensation, and workforce planning.
- Partner with and advise client groups on the development and implementation of workforce planning strategies that facilitate the achievement of business goals and enable the business to cultivate a high performing workforce. Develop strong relationships and an in-depth understanding of clients' businesses while staying abreast of industry practices in order to advise on recruitment, staffing, internal mobility, retention, performance, and team member development strategies.
- Advise management and leadership on the resolution of day-to-day to complex employee relations issues. Manages and resolves issues including but not limited to disciplinary actions, performance, union relations, and investigations. Conducts and documents effective, thorough and objective investigations. Reduces legal risks and ensures regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements relating to HR Management.
- Advise managers on talent identification and proactive performance management throughout the year (e.g. performance discussions, coaching, counseling, providing feedback). Help client portfolios utilize L&D programs and identify career development and advancement opportunities that meet their individual and team needs. Advise management when resolving day-to-day to complex employee relations issues. Reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance by maintaining knowledge of legal requirements relating to HR Management.
- Lead moderately complex HR global initiatives, projects, and process improvements, promoting consistency in application across business units and geographic locations (Domestic or International). Programs may focus on compliance (US and International), diversity, equity and inclusion, enhancing the HR Network, branding, onboarding and succession planning.
- Collaborate with HR functional leads to facilitate seamless integration of full talent management life cycle service delivery to client groups. Manage and execute the HR administration/transaction processing for client groups.**Qualifications**
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree (or international equivalent) in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related field.
- At least 7 years of related experience. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted.
- HR certification preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including, but not limited to employee development, change management, recruitment, branding, compensation practices, employee relations, compliance, performance management, and domestic (US) and international employment law.
- In-depth knowledge of donor regulations that impact HR policies, procedures and programs preferred.
- Excellent customer service, relationship building/management and consensus building skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Able to proactively identify opportunities, diagnose problems and develop client-centered and evidence-based solutions.
- Able to translate complex HR policies, processes and recommendations to non-HR professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. French and/or Spanish language skills preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position [subject to legal eligibility requirements].
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
Measurement:?You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them. Pragmatism: You'll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won't be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect. Honesty:?You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it's the only way you'll learn and improve. Collaboration:?You'll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won't succeed. Trust:?You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt. Commitment:??You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.