2252 National Consultant for Gender Equality Test
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action globally. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The Republic of Serbia is a signatory to a number of important international treaties, which guarantee the equality of men and women and prohibit gender-based discrimination, most notably the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) and the Istanbul Convention. National commitments on gender equality are in place, such as the National Strategy and Action Plan for Gender Equality and the Gender Equality Law. Despite the existing legal and policy framework, gender inequalities are prominent in Serbia and present in all spheres of life, in access to resources, in participation to decision-making processes and in interpersonal relations.
Through its programmes and projects, UN Women is providing technical assistance to national partners (governmental and non-governmental) in the implementation of existing international and national commitments to women’s rights and gender equality, it facilitates networking and exchange of good practices and advocates for women’s rights and gender equality in all areas of life.
In the period 2018-2019, UN Women Programme Office in Serbia works towards selected development results in the framework of several projects to effectively coordinate and promote accountability for the implementation of gender equality commitments and advancing gender responsive policies and budgeting in Serbia. UN Women places a special focus on the position of vulnerable groups of women and is investing efforts in advocacy for their rights. Many great results have been achieved related to gender responsive budgeting, combating violence against women and strengthening mechanisms for gender equality which need to be captured and distributed to broader audiences for their learning and use in the future.
UN Women Programme Office in Serbia is implementing a three-year Project “Support to Priority Actions for Gender Equality in Serbia II”, funded by the European Commission. The Project supports the Government of the Republic of Serbia in effective implementation of the EU Gender Equality Acquis. UN Women Serbia is implementing the Project, in close cooperation with the Coordination Body for Gender Equality, the Ministry of European Integration, the EU Delegation in Serbia and other partner institutions and women's organizations’. Furthermore, the project provides ongoing support to institutions and civil servants in achieving gender equality.
In order to ensure the systematic introduction of gender perspective in drafting new regulations, the Republic Secretariat for Public Policies has developed a Gender Equality Test. The proposer submits the completed Gender Equality Test form to the Republic Secretariat for Public Policies with the Report on the conducted analysis of the effects of regulations, as part of the material submitted for opinion. UN Women Serbia will provide support to republic Secretariat for Public Policies for systematic introduction of gender perspective in drafting new regulations and technical support to relevant ministries in fulfilling Gender Equality Test.
The objective of this assignment is to strengthen civil servants to ensure the systematic introduction of gender perspective in drafting new regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of UN Women Gender Specialist, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- To collect all the necessary data and reports from all relevant stakeholders and line ministries which are relevant for the specific topic for drafting new regulations.
- To analyse the existing data, relevant documentation, and reports.
- To organize online consultations with relevant stakeholders and line ministries responsible for development of the new regulation, in preparation of the Test for Gender Equality.
- To provide technical support to civil servants from relevant ministries, who are in role of regulation proposers, in fulfilling up to five (5) Tests for Gender Equality.
- To present fulfilled Test for Gender Equality to the relevant ministry and civil servants responsible for development of the new regulation.
Deliverables and Timeline:
Up to 5 fulfilled Tests for Gender Equality for new proposed regulations
15 December 2021
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded, and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify, and resolve operational problems;
- Strong report writing skills;
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in in the area of gender studies, management, international relations, political sciences, social sciences, or an area relevant to the requirements of the TOR.
- Master’s degree will be taken as an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of gender equality and empowerment of women.
- At least 3 years of experience in collecting and systematizing complex data and in identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- At least 3 years of experience in preparing briefs, reports or similar for various audiences.
- Previous experience with the UN system is considered an asset.
Fluency in English and Serbian (written and oral).
The following documents should be submitted as part of the application:
- P11 with past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment, a signed copy should be submitted.
- Financial Proposal Specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this Terms of Reference. Can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.undp.org.rs/download/ic/Confirmation.docx. The financial proposal shall include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (daily rate and number of anticipated working days and any other possible costs).
When applying, candidates should submit the documents (P11 and financial offer) as one PDF.
Evaluation of applicants:
Consultants will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of qualifications and financial proposal. Contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) Responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
TECHNICAL EVALUATION (70%)
Fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian
University degree in in the area of gender studies, management, international relations, political sciences, social sciences, or others. Master degree will be taken as advantage.
0: without relevant university degree
20: faculty degree
master degree advantage
Experience in the field of gender equality and empowerment of women
0: without 5 years of experience
15: 5 years of experience
20: more than 5 years of experience
Experience in collecting and systematizing complex data and in identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues
0: without 3 years of experience
10: years of experience
15: more than 3 years of experience
Experience in preparing briefs, reports or similar for various audiences
0: without 3 years of experience
10: 3 years of experience
15: more than 3 years of experience
Financial Evaluation (30%) – max. 30 points:
The maximum number of points assigned to the financial proposal is allocated to the lowest price proposal. All other price proposals receive points in inverse proportion. A suggested formula is as follows:
p = 30 (µ/z)
Using the following values:
p = points for the financial proposal being evaluated
µ = price of the lowest priced proposal
z = price of the proposal being evaluated