Senior Associate, Diagnostics
United States (United States of America)
Senior Associate, Diagnostics
- United States
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Global Laboratory Services
- Additional Location Description
- Flexibility to be based in a CHAI program country in Sub-Saharan Africa pending CHAI country leadership approval
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
The Laboratory Services Team (LST) is a key source of support for Ministries of Health and CHAI's country teams. LST works to address barriers to access and foster a healthy, competitive marketplace for essential diagnostic testing. The team coordinates global efforts on access to diagnostics, working closely with diagnostics manufacturers, governments, and multilateral organizations to lower prices, increase access to testing, and accelerate the entry and uptake of new innovative products.
For the past year, LST has worked in over 15 countries to support countries’ national Covid-19 response. This has included market shaping efforts at the global level to ensure that low-and-middle income countries get access to an equitable supply of high-quality diagnostic tests for Covid-19 at affordable prices, as well as support on-the-ground in countries to ensure readiness for Covid-19 testing, through the development of robust testing strategies, introduction and roll-out of novel products such as antigen tests, strengthening of data management and connectivity systems, etc.
Given the new products entering the market and longer-term sustainability required for continued Covid-19 testing and surveillance programs, LST is moving into a new phase of its work on Covid-19. The focus will remain on further strengthening Covid-19 testing systems that have been introduced over the past few months, while at the same time ensuring that testing is well integrated into the continuum of care and strategies are optimized to ensure a strong and holistic Covid-19 response. To support this work, we are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding analytical capabilities, problem-solving skills, and communication abilities. LST is seeking a Senior Associate to support ongoing efforts.
There is a strong preference for this role to be based in a CHAI program country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Provide technical support and bandwidth across country teams on a broad range of activities, including but not limited to Covid-19 testing-related strategy and planning, forecasting, procurements, and supply chain management, etc.
- Work closely with country teams on country support and facilitate involvement of topic area experts from LST or other CHAI teams on country work streams as required
- Lead preparations of presentations, reports, and other analyses to inform global and country-level strategy on Covid-19 testing
- Develop dissemination materials to facilitate cross-country and global knowledge sharing.
- Support internal and external reporting requirements and coordinate with global and country teams, as needed, to seek inputs
- Up to 50% international travel time could be required once situation allows
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in management consulting or similar fast-paced results-oriented environments
- Experience working on healthcare-related projects, preferably at regional or national levels
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and work in a multicultural environment within a matrixed team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and drive forward work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and work on analyses at varying levels of granularity
- Technical proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English, proficiency in both written and verbal
- Master's degree (MPH or other relevant degree)
- Experience working in developing countries
- Experience working on global health issues (e.g. HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria and/or maternal and child health programs)
- Lab and diagnostics-related experience, either in a programmatic or clinical setting
- Experience working remotely with a decentralized team
- Fluent in Spanish or French