Donations Coordination AmeriCorps VISTA
Wichita (United States of America)
This is an AmeriCorps*VISTA position and therefore pays a stipend of $513.94 every other week; medical benefits available through AmeriCorps
Founded in 1933, the IRC is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression or violent conflict.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Donations Coordination AmeriCorps*VISTA is responsible for leveraging in-kind resources to support the needs of newly-arrived refugees, survivors of human trafficking, vulnerable families and immigrants. This position leverages local resources to build the capacity of the families working alongside the IRC. This position provides an opportunity to develop/strengthen skills in the area of donation management, public speaking and community organizing.The individual will work closely with the Development Specialist on outreach and reporting activities, but will work independently in the area of donation management.This individual reports to the Development Manager
• Manage in-kind donation inventory, case note all donations that are distributed and prepare monthly reports for finance.
• Track all in-kind donations for IRC’s inventory tracking system and case note all donors in IRC’s donor management system, Salesforce.
• Prepare all donor correspondence including thank you notes in a timely manner.
• Present to faith-based groups, civics groups, university classes and other community groups interested in learning about and working with IRC clients
• Identify potential donors of household goods and other in-kind goods that will assist clients in achieving self-sufficiency
• Work with staff to identify in-kind donations that are most necessary for IRC clients.
• Create and manage asset map of resources within community to provide seasonally appropriate clothing and household goods for IRC clients to be given to the after their arrival.
• Oversee IRC volunteers who will organize and manage IRC’s “Resettlement Shop.”
• Oversee IRC volunteer’s appointments with IRC clients.
• Other duties as described.