HR Assistant - Global Fund
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring the full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- Support the maintenance of an organized physical and electronic filing system of all HR records
- Preparation of correspondence as requested
- Ensure the updating of staff lists
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Support in payroll processing as required.
- Provision of support in inputting and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Support in the preparation of submissions to the Corporate Review Panel (CRP) and Corporate Review Board (CRB)
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Support the compilation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Provision of background information to TRG.
- Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
- Provision of support in collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- UNDP HR Certification will be an added advantage
- 5 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level in Human Resources Management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Sound experience in maintaining organized filing systems.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- UN/ UNDP relevant experience highly desirable.
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.