Coordinator Digital support and e-learnings (temporary position until end March 2022)
Red Cross is looking for a dynamic and self-managed professional with strong collaboration skills for the temporary position as Coordinator Digital support and e-learnings.
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers operating in 192 countries. The RCRC Movement’s mission is to safe life, alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. The international engagement of NorCross is based on and guided by humanitarian needs and the humanitarian imperative aiming at achieving humanitarian objectives. Internationally, NorCross operates exclusively inside the framework of the RCRC Movement and has established regional and country offices to ensure decentralised decision-making and proximity to partners and projects.
Coordinator Digital Support and e-learning is placed in Strategy and Results, one of four units in International Programmes and Preparedness. The unit consist of eleven specialised professionals that develop and follow-up key processes, projects and services relevant to the Department as a whole. The Unit set standards for and supports strategy implementation, work processes, risk- and results management, planning and monitoring, learning and evaluation and humanitarian innovation. Strategy and Result is responsible for digitalisation, turning data into insights, manages PIMS (Project and Information Management System), writes the annual NorCross result report. Our focus is to enhance the relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency of international humanitarian action.
The Coordinator Digital support and e-learning will be tasked to enhance the digital literacy and skills of staff in International Program and Preparedness. The objective of the role is to improve absorption and use of digital tools and new functionalities and thus strengthen our ability for data driven decision making and learning. More specifically the coordinator will:
- Provide webinar and face to face trainings on features of digital tools and processes managed within project information management system;
- Design and creation of training materials, including step by step guides, for new digitalised processes;
- Design of effective training methods and approaches to be integrated into onboarding systems; and
- Coordination of external training providers to create a calendar of training opportunities for the department.
The successful candidate will be a key resource in the digital transformation efforts of Norwegian Red Cross aimed at taking advantage data and digital to enhance our humanitarian impact.
We seek a person who:
- is a self-starter, makes things happen and is result oriented
- communicates in a clear, precise, and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- is methodical and systematic in its approach; plans ahead, makes clear priorities and allocates resources efficiently
- co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own field; participates in continuous professional development
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationship and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Higher education (bachelor or master) within relevant field
- 3 year experience from relevant field
- Experience from taking advantage of technology and remote learning to strengthen digital literacy and absorption of digital tools and systems.
- Experience in e-learning creation software, preference for competence in Adobe Captivate and experience from using PowerPoint for capacity development
- Proven record in understanding the complex business processes and how technical solutions best support absorption and implement of these
- Documented experience from working well and effective in the complex and specialised organisations utilising expertise and capacities of other in and efficient manner
- Proficiency in MS office package
- Fluency in English. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
Head of Strategy and Results.
The coordinator for digital support and training will work as part of the digital and data team and on the daily basis be supervised by the coordinator of this team.
Position is based in: Oslo, Norway
Contract: Until end March 2022
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, supporting our efforts reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will contribute to our mission, ensuring that our digital systems and tool are relevant and user-friendly and facilitates for effective and efficient humanitarian response and operations.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross strive to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity. We follow the seven fundamental principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
For further information regarding the position, please contact Head of Strategy and results Lars-Andrè Skari Lars.Skari@redcross.no or Lea Saad phone 99410468 / e-mail email@example.com
Application deadline: 22 June 2021