HR Coordinator for Global Surge Team 100% for 17 months
Norwegian Red Cross is a member of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest humanitarian organization. Our international work is focused on humanitarian preparedness and response, and is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. For more information: www.redcross.no
The Norwegian Red Cross seeks to strengthen and expand the organisation's capacity to respond to sudden onset disasters and protracted crises. This increase in ‘surge capacity’ will be secured through a team of global surge delegates that have leadership, management and technical competencies for emergency response in complex environments.
We seek an experienced HR Coordinator from 01.08.2021 for a fulltime substitute position for 17 months, to provide HR support, hereunder coordination and development, for the Global Surge Team. The position is placed in the International HR Unit.
The main responsibilities:
The purpose of the role is to support timely and quality deployments of the Global Surge Team (GST) members that contribute to the Red Cross Movement Emergency Response and surge requests and to support the maintenance and development of the Global Surge Team roster.
This includes support the recruitment of roster members, training needs analysis and coordination, motivational work and related database management. The role explores new approaches and tools for recruiting GST personnel and for maintaining the GST roster. The role also focuses on HR categorization methods of GST delegates and support the selection of delegates for mission.
This includes following main tasks:
- Support recruitment of GST members
- Support HR resource planning and manage deployments in order to contribute to timely and efficient response to international emergencies.
- Ensure that our HR services are aligned with the needs of the GST system and regulations and ensuring HR learning from operations
- Support the HR assessment of GST members performance and development potential and contribute to structured competency development and performance management
- Manage competency requirements and coordinate trainings and development for GST members.
- Establish strong collaboration with GST HR counterparts in the International Red Cross movement and other National Societies on GST tools, frameworks and resource management
- Evaluate and identify key learning points from GST HR practices and experiences
- Manage HR Coordination of Emergency Response operations and individual deployments for Emergency Response in general as needed.
We are searching for the candidate with the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor Degree, or above, in HR or related science. Extensive work experience can replace formal requirements for education
- Experience from an HR Service Delivery environment
- Experience from HR processes and tools related to organisational and individual development
- Experience from management of employment conditions and resolving questions related to labour law
- Experienced user of IT recruitment system and recruitment testing tools
- Experienced user of personnel databases
- Experience from competency planning, resource and career planning are an asset
- English and Norwegian as working languages is compulsory
- Strong ability to execute and work effectively towards objectives and results
- Analytical and solutions oriented
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Very strong ability to collaborate and share competency
- Flexible and able to build network and relations
- Strong ability to influence and create ownership to decisions
- Thrive and prioritise effectively in a high pace, high volume working environment
- A challenging and meaningful job in the world's largest humanitarian organization
- Salary/benefits according to the Norwegian Red Cross’ salary system and relevant qualifications
- The position is based at the Norwegian Red Cross National Office in Oslo.
Red Cross focuses on diversity. We encourage all who are qualified to apply, regardless of age, gender, disability, national or ethnic background.
If you have any questions, please contact Head of International HR Louise Bergstrøm on 95475415.