Country Director (m/f/d) - Zambia
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking forward to recruiting as soon as possible a:
Country Director (m/f/d) - Zambia
Main objective of the role:
The Country Director will deliver CBM’s Disability and Inclusive Development work in the country. As such the job holder will be responsible and accountable for leading the development and effective implementation of CBM’s country plan and its operational requirements within the country, ensuring high quality performance and alignment with CBM’s Federation Strategy. The Country Director takes responsibility for strong financial discipline within the Country Office and for ensuring with partners that they are meeting and fulfilling CBM’s programmatic, operational and financial requirements. The Country Director identifies programme opportunities and areas where the organization can demonstrate its value and relevance. The Country Director promotes the CBM vision and country plan to external stakeholders. This includes developing effective relations with other organizations, representing CBM to partners, local and national governments, other development organizations and voluntary agencies, as well as in-country media, donor agencies and local communities to influence the country’s development agenda towards inclusion and poverty alleviation. The Country Director establishes a high quality team.
We are looking for someone who will…
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan
• Identify suitable organizations for new partnerships and manage relationships with CBM existing partner organizations
• Oversee financial management at the Country Office for accountability and efficient use of funding
• Ensure in-country compliance (Country Office and partner programmes) with statutory, legal, fiscal and procurement policies and reporting requirements, and relevant donor requirements
• Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the advocacy components of the country plan
• Promote the organization and its mission to local partners and authorities, and maintain a positive organizational public profile
• Support fundraising resource collection, in liaison with the fundraising teams in CBM
• Coordinate CBM’s involvement in country level forums, alliances and planning bodies with relevant stakeholders
• Provide leadership to national and expatriate staff based in the Country Office
• Demonstrate inclusive practices to promote disability and gender equality within the Country Office team; model and enable the inclusion of persons with disability in all aspects of work of the Country Office and promote the same with partners
We are looking for someone who has…
• A relevant academic degree
• Professional experience of at least 5 years at senior management level in a large INGO or international development organization
• A strong track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing programmes and/or institutions in the field of disability, development or other relevant fields.
• Proven experience in strategic planning and project cycle management.
• Significant experience in organizational development, change management and capacity building.
• Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
• Proficiency and proven experience in financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management.
• Proven skills in advocacy with track-record of building and managing effective partnerships and strategic alliances, and influencing policy change.
• Excellent people and team management skills
• Strong communication skills.
• A result-driven approach and ability to liaise and leverage at senior level
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: June 30, 2021.
This is a full-time contract position under local employment conditions and regulations to be based in Lusaka, Zambia, and subject to the scope of the country´s specific national labor and immigration laws.