Procurement Senior Assistant, Multiple positions
Background Information - UNOPS
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
Background Information – Asia Regional Health Cluster
The Asia Regional Health Cluster (ARHC) was established in 2018 for efficient delivery of grants and funds management, and the provision of quality pharmaceuticals and medical equipment. The ARHC aims to significantly impact the targets of UN Sustainable Development Goal #3 on good health and well being by expanding the population benefitting from UNOPS-managed health-related engagements across the Asia Region. The ARHC portfolio manages the Principal Recipient (PR) Programme of the Global Fund in Asia. The Global Fund, which has been providing financial support to the Greater Mekong Sub-Region for malaria programs since 2003, has selected UNOPS as a PR, responsible for delivering the targets set out in the grant agreements, in collaboration with selected Sub-Recipients (SRs) from the National Programmes, international and local non-governmental organizations and United Nations agencies.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist who reports to the Senior Procurement Advisor, the Procurement Senior Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services reflecting best practices in international public procurement, compliance with UNOPS procurement rules and regulations, appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money. He/she analyzes and interprets the respective rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide range of issues related to procurement.
Maintaining the highest degree of personal and professional ethics, the Procurement Senior Assistant maintains a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Business Unit.
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Administrative Procurement Support Services
Provide a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
Monitor expenditures against allocations.
Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
2. Client Services Client Relationships / Stakeholder Management
Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
3. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Senior Assistant affect the work completion of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and Business Unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Pharmacy, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Knowledge of the UN and/or rules and regulations in procurement will be an asset.
- Proficiency in computers and G Suite application and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Basic understanding of Logistics and INCOTERMS 2010 required.
- Good knowledge of international public procurement practices and experiences with market analysis in this field is an advantage.
- Experience with PeopleSoft procurement module and UN Web buy is an advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual contractor Agreement (LICA)Contract level: ICS-5 (LICA-5)
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
The position is based in a family duty station.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.