Community Health Mobilizer - Tel Al Samen Camp MMU
The Community Health Mobilizer is responsible for conducting household visits in the assigned communities to record un-vaccinated children under 5, pregnant women for ante-natal check-ups, health & hygiene education and establishing a referral mechanism from communities to facilities. CHW will also be responsible for recording the community activities and submitting the reports to his/her supervisor. This position reports to Community Health Officer.
- Conduct village mapping (households, under fives, pregnant women)
- Will be responsible of conducting minimum 8 and maximum 10 household visits per day
- Record health related vital statistical data and population data.
- Conduct Hygiene promotion activities (campaigns, group discussions, home visits focusing on proper hand washing , safe excreta disposal, safe household water management)
- Conduct health education activities ( campaigns, group discussions, home visits focusing on danger signs of sick child and early referral, home management of diarrhea and danger signs pregnant women)
- Screening for acute malnutrition using MUAC.
- Assist and support mobile clinic team in mobilizing community for preventive services and curative services
- Distribution and positioning of IEC materials
- Complete referral slips and receive counter-referrals; help parents follow recommendations
- Document activities and compile monthly reports