Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Officer to support the sector in its operation in Libya, where we offer you a good working environment with highly qualified and skilled teams.
About the job:
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited, to the following:
• Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the SCTL, ensuring best value for money
• Become the expert of DRC Procurement Operational Handbook, Policies & DRC Dynamics Manual for Procurement
• Undertake procurement activities covering the pre-award, award (evaluation of bids), and the post award phases, such as: prepare tender dossier, review and verify technical specifications, and launch tender procedure preparing all relevant tender documents; conduct relevant market researches for procurement bid lists; coordinate the Tender Opening Committee, manage the award and assume the responsibilities for contract management and contract administration; prepare contracts and purchase orders
• Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works
• Work closely with Supply Chain / Logistics (Warehouse and Assets) team to inform of upcoming deliveries etc.
• Work closely with Finance department for payment follow up
• Work closely with Program department for continuous update on the requests raised
• Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works.
• Support program team to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
• Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
• Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
• Participate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
• Support Supply Chain Manager and TL in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
• Ensure procurement files are accurate and records comply to DRC and donor procurement policies, electronic filing system (Share Point) is properly established and followed, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors.
• Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database and liaise with the Assets department
• Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
• Mange DRC and Rental Vehicles Fleet on Daily Basis.
• Approve Movement Request
• Make Sure that Fleet SOP are Followed and Respected.
• Make Sure that Periodic Service to Vehicles are Done on Time and in Proper Manner
• Monitor Fleet Fuel Consumption
• Construct Weekly and Monthly Fleet Reports
• Monitor Generators at the Facility
To be successful in this role we expect you to have previous experience in Supply Chain. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• At least University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering Management, or similar sector
• Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations
• 1 year of experience in Logistics and Procurement.
• Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and customs clearance, business registration requirements and tax regulations.
• Understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors;
• Very good skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point
• Very good interpersonal and team skills;
• Knowledge of procurement principles and contract management;
• Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
• Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: Six Months
Designation of Duty Station: Tripoli,Libya
Start date: 25 June 2021
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19 June 2021
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.