Atlanta (United States of America)
The Communications Assistant serves as a member of the Communications and External Relations team and works closely with the Communications and External Relations Manager to increase community awareness of IRC’s activities and relevant issues, mobilize and organize the community around advocacy and education efforts, and support resource development efforts including digital fundraising campaigns and in-kind and volunteer needs. This position will report to the Communications and External Relations Manager and is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the production and distribution of communications materials, including flyers, monthly newsletters, website updates, graphics, social media and blog content, and press releases.
- Support digital fundraising and advocacy campaign efforts including creating graphics and other digital assets, building emails, and drafting social content.
- Support public events planning, marketing and implementation for the IRC in Atlanta and the Coalition of Refugee Service Agencies (CRSA), including annual World Refugee Day and New Americans Celebration events.
- Accurately collect and track data and analytics from the IRC in Atlanta’s digital platforms and track and monitor media coverage.
- Provide general communications and administrative support to the Communications and External Relations team and the CRSA.
- Other related duties as assigned.