Nutritionists - West Pokot
The IRC lead a multi-agency program of operational research to develop a simplified combined protocol for the treatment of severe and moderate acute malnutrition (Combined Protocol for Acute Malnutrition Study- ComPAS). The ‘Combined Protocol’ was tested in a detailed RCT in two countries: South Sudan and Kenya. The IRC is recruiting Nutritionists to be part of a Team to advance this protocol through and operational Pilot in West Pokot County. He/she will be part of the team implementing COMPAS.
Working under the mentorship of the Nutrition Officer. The Nutritionist shall be responsible for the day-to-day liaison and implementation of the pilot and other nutrition activities at subcounty level Support ongoing Nutrition interventions that are not limited to COMPAS pilot implementation, MIYCN activities family MUAC.
He/she will be responsible for day-to-day data compilation.
- Assist, plan and support the MOH on staff training and COMPAS pilot, distribution of MUAC tapes to families in the targeted areas.
- Collaboration with the ministry of health conduct trainings to M2MSGs on MIYCN practices.
- In collaboration with MOH Train community health workers including CHEWs and CHVs on family MUAC and COMPAS approach.
- Take part in the development of wok plans for the activities to be implemented.
- Plan and conduct trainings on Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), IMAM and MIYCN to other mainstream health practitioners.
- Support MoH nutrition teams to offer support through counselling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly, and monthly reports of all the activities implemented,
- Support supervisor in Monitoring budget spending in line with spending plan and ensure diligence in grants utilization including timely spending and value for money.
- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Department in logistical program, supplies, procurement, and supervise supply control.
- Support MOH on DQAs.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.