Human Recourses (HR) Assistant
Under the guidance of the Regional Representative for Central Asia, overall supervision of Operations Manager and direct supervision of Human Resources Officer, the HR Assistant provides human resources services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and high employee morale.
The HR Assistant works in close cooperation with the operations, programme and projects’ personnel in the UNODC Regional Office for Central Asia and Programme Offices to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
The HR Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Ensure full compliance of Human Resources processes, records and reporting systems with the UN/UNODC/UNDP rules and regulations, policies, procedures and strategies.
- Assist in carrying out recruitment processes including drafting job description, vacancy announcement, organizing and coordinating written and/or technical tests prior to the interview process, arrangement of interview for the short-listed candidates preparation of relevant documentation required for interview panels, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels,
- Assist in tracking of all transactions related to recruitment including contract issuance, performance evaluation and contracts extensions/amendment/terminations;
- Verification of budgets with the project/programme personnel as well as FU in terms of availability of funds and appropriateness of the budget lines;
- Assist in drafting reports, evaluations and justifications as required on personnel issues or specialized tasks.
- Provide support in preparation of documents and forms related to Human Resources.
- Assist in developing of Learning Plan for UNODC ROCA personnel in the region. Tracking and recording completion of the UN mandatory learning courses, as well as other training programmes;
- Monitor and compile daily attendance reports of international staff and national personnel.
- Prepare Monthly Leave Reports (MLR) for all Office personnel.
- Assist in regularly maintain and update the Fiels Office Human Resource Management database.
- Creation of funds commitments for contracts issuance, extensions, amendments of funding sources through relevant ERP system (UMOJA).
- Provide support to staff in access to Inspira and Umoja.
- Assist in preparation and collection of required documents for engagement of local/regional consultants and individuals under Individual Contact (IC).
- Follow up on IC holders and coordinates with finance personnel on Requests for Payment.
- Process payment requests and follow up on payment process related to HR activates (MFA DSD, medical clinic, advertising company, etc.)
- Ensure timely submission of ROCA personnel reports to UNDSS, as well as issuance of ID cards for Office personnel.
- Maintenance of proper filing of HR records and documents in order to ensure correct placement and proper condition according to classification and identification information.
- Prepare HR materials for archiving, register the archived files and update the register of archived files on the regular basis.
- Assist office staff in registration process with the Bureau for Diplomatic Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Monitor office supplies (stationary) and maintenance of the relevant application.
- Act as a Requisitioner for creation of Shopping Cards, Global Index number, HR Mini Master and Service Entry Sheets for Officer related activities.
- Backstop HR Officer and Travel Assistant (on accreditation of office international staff as well as their family members and visa support) when required.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing. Organization of trainings for the ROCA operations and project/programme personnel.
- Perform other related duties as required in the scope of current position.
Integrity: Demonstrate the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviours. Stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular.
Professionalism: Substantive experience in technical and administrative functions, familiarity with the relationship between business objectives and operations;
Respect to Diversity: Work effectively with people from all backgrounds. Do not discriminate against any individual or group.
Communication: Ability to write in clearly and concisely. Possession of effective verbal communication skills.
Client Orientation. Establish and sustain effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients and respond to client needs promptly. Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Planning and Organizing: Sound organizational skills and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work programme and to work independently or with minimum supervision, ability to deliver assignments in a timely manner;
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance.
Required Skills and Experience
University degree in economics, business or public administration, law, phycology, political or social sciences.
Minimum two years of proven experience in human resources, administrative services or related area at the national or international level is required. Knowledge of human resources procedures of the United Nations system would be desirable. Experience in the application of Human Resource Management Systems, the Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) or related is desirable.
Fluency in oral and written English and Russian with excellent drafting skills is required. Working knowledge of Uzbek is an advantage.
Excellent drafting skills for routine correspondence and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.