Social Media Associate (Fixed Term-G6)- Cairo, Egypt
Egypt (United States of America)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤
Make a difference the world will notice.
We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍
Build bridges that unite people across the world.
Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡
Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐
Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about us!!
Manages social insights, reporting or social analytics. This includes providing insights on how RBC social media channels are performing and suggestions on how to improve from there. This role also includes community management and involvement in crisis communication.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor degree in communications, PR, Journalism, or related field
Language: Spoken and written English and Arabic
Experience: At least 4 years of experience in the social media field.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Strong awareness of social media platforms and content formats
- Good writing and editing skills
- Demonstrate ability to formulate and maintain strong relationships with communications colleagues
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Social Media Metrics, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Extract reports from and manage social media metrics tools
- Putting systems in place to record, measure, and analyse social media metrics from WFP’s social media channels
- Report on all metrics and data related to social media. This includes maintaining the social media dashboard, social media ROI sheet, the screens in the office, data visualization and providing metrics and reports on regular basis and when requested
- Track all the social media data on a day-to-day basis including channel growth and posts performance
Social Media Metrics (Cont'd)
- Staying on top of social media analytics changes, trends and tools.
- Qualitative analysis of social media data to provide actionable insights and make recommendations to the team based on these insights
- Work with the social media team to provide actionable insights and make recommendations to the team based on these insights
- Monitor the WFP brand and relevant news and social media mentions, and conversations related to the region and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
- Escalating any issues in a timely fashion, liaising with different departments for community management of their specific social media engagements
- Implementing strategies to encourage engagement and grow our communities
- Monitor and participate in relevant conversations
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases
- Respond to specialised queries and requests for support
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement improvements to social media methods and practices
- Under guidance, prepare content for use on social media platforms and networks
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Media and Influencer Relationship Management||Demonstrates ability to respond to and/or escalate needs of media and influencers within own scope of responsibility to raise the profile of WFP, build relationships and further organisational aims.|
|Media and Communication Expertise||Collates accurate and timely information presented in required format (i.e. written or visual materials) as well as verbally, to enable information flows and informed decision making on communications issues.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Communications||Exhibits specalised technical knowledge of communications channels processes, tools and techniques. In immediate area of responsibility, provides support in developing written, visual, audio and multi-media content for communications materials and suggestions for improved communications processes.|
|Sociopolitical Contextual Understanding||Shows awareness of the multilateral/interagency environment and the dynamics in which WFP operates which informs approach to daily tasks.|
|Communication Strategy and Planning||Demonstrates sound understanding of WFP communications strategy and effectively implements tailored media and communications plans which support the delivery of the strategy.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- JOB TITLE: SOCIAL MEDIA Associate
- TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: FIXED TERM / G6
- DURATION & START DATE: 1 YEAR - RENEWABLE
- UNIT/DIVISION: COMMUNICATIONS
- DUTY STATION (CITY, COUNTRY): REGIONAL BUREAU IN CAIRO (RBC), CAIRO, EGYPT
- REPORTS TO: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
This Position is only open for Egyptian Nationals.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications no later than 30 June 2021, 11:59 PM Rome time.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.