Finance Coordinator Lebanon Bekaa
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operational finance processes at area level, and for coordinating budget preparation/reviews related to grants, funds, and budgets for all related programmes, donors, and departments by ensuring adherence to NRC’s policies and donor requirements.
- Implement effective, efficient and transparent finance systems that support the delivery of the Country Strategic Plan and individual projects at area level;
- Ensure adherence to NRC’s financial handbook and procedures, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Manage Finance staff at area level and follow up day to day operations of the finance team;
- Provide Capacity building on financial procedures and contribute to the improvement of the finance function in the area;
- Provide donor financial reports and any other financial management reports as required
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that cash and bankbooks records are updated on daily basis, ensuring that all coding is in line with donor and country coding structure.
- Participate in budget preparation for new proposals, grant applications, budget revisions to ensure compliance with NRC and donor guidelines.
- Prepare budget forecasts/analysis and assist in Master budgets preparation & revision at area level;
- Review financial transactions and ensure that the supporting documents meet NRC securing supporting documentations and donor regulations.
- Support in area level month/project and year closures as per NRC set procedures
- Ensure spot checks and compliance checklists are done on regular basis
- Assist with Internal and External Audits at area level as needed
- Perform weekly Cash counts with cash holder as well as verifying posting the cash transactions to the system.
- Participate in tender openings with Procurement team.
- Coordinate closely with Project Managers and Staff to ensure proper communications and work between program and Finance function.
- Ensure optimal allocation of expenses in line with approved budgets and projected expenditures (master budget, allocation tables, etc.).
- Implement any other Finance related task as requested by the Support Manager or Finance Manager
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Support Manager at area level
- Project Managers and budget holders at area level
- Finance Manager and coordinators in Country Office
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance or a related major
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in operations and management
- Familiar with grants proposal writing and reporting
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: