Support Manager Lebanon BML - National Position
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
This position is open to Lebanese Nationals only
Role and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Support Manager position is to coordinate and manage the support functions at Area Office level, and work along with the Area Manager on these functions while providing quality and efficient support for programmes implementation, and coordinate with the Country Office support functions as necessary on strategies, policies and procedures, and approved practices It is also the role of the Support Manager to provide direct support and capacity building to the support staff and other programme staff on relevant matters and proper implementation of all related policies and procedures.
- Manage related support staff and provide guidance and assistance, and provide relevant technical capacity building initiatives.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with NRC policies, procedures, handbooks, and donor/auditor requirements.
- Provide input on operational support to the Plan of Action, and coordinate and align operational support with programmes plans at area level.
- Facilitate support budget preparation and follow up on updates and changes.
- Ensure quality support to project implementation.
- Develop regular reports for area and country management as required.
- Implement country specific technical procedures, guidelines and tools related to support functions (HR, Administration, Logistics, ICT, and Finance).
- Lead initiatives and facilitate trainings and capacity building initiatives for programmes staff on related matters.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the Support related activities as per NRC’s protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Lead operational support to be aligned with programmes plans at area level through proper planning.
- Ensure cost efficient and cost effective approaches at area office level by assessing and monitoring the costs and resources allocation.
- Establish a proactive atmosphere in the support department by leading different initiatives related to human resources, finance, logistics, and other departments to ensure efficiency of implementation and effectiveness of staff performance.
- Support the budget management capacity at area level and ensure a collaborative approach in budget management.
- Provide proper guidance on implementing procedures and monitoring tools for corruption mapping and mitigation practices in all related support functions.
- Carry spot checks, field visits, and in depth reviews to monitor and ensure compliance and adherence to all related policies and procedures.
- Develop a standard filing and referencing system at area level to ensure that complete documentation exists for all transactions.
- Participate in investigation of allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct and produce required reports as requested.
- Provide support and guidance for audits related to all support functions of direct responsibility.
1. Professional Competencies:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant management position preferably within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in implementation of humanitarian projects/programmes
- Solid knowledge of financial management, logistics and procurement, and human resources
- Allocation of budgets, resources management, and leading cost-efficiency strategies in support functions
2. Behavioral Competencies:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
Reports to: Area Manager
Duty station: Beirut and Mount Lebanon, Lebanon
Type of contract: 12 Months renewable based on performance and funding
Salary: Based on the NRC Scale
This position is opened to Lebanese Nationals Only