Global Roving Health, Safety, & Security Trainer - Re-advertisement
The Norwegian Refugee Council delivers high quality-aid where needs are greatest, helping people forced to flee. Around 6,000 men and women work for the Norwegian Refugee Council in many different countries, in complex and volatile environments.
The Health, Safety & Security Section is responsible for developing, evaluating, and monitoring NRC’s global approach to health, safety, security, and crisis management. With a central team located at Head Office, the Section provides the policies, systems, frameworks, and standards for use globally, and works through and with senior managers and HSS staff in the regions and country operations.
The day to day
The Global Health, Safety & Security Trainer is responsible for;
- Developing and delivering HSS trainings;
- Providing technical direction and guidance on HSS training, competency, and behavior to the staff at all levels across the organisation and HSS staff;
- Maintaining an overview of industry best training practices, developments, and tools;
- Deploying to support regional and country teams if directed;
- Supporting the implementation of the Global HSS training strategy;
- Operationally managing HO facilitated trainings (I.e. HEAT) and its consultants on delivery, maintaining, and developing the high quality of this training;
- Administrative and logistics planning in training delivery;
- Supporting the development and implementation of globally defined mandatory trainings (I.e. the NRC crisis management training program).
As our prospective candidate, you have the following;
- Exemplary command of the English language (written and spoken);
- Strong report writing and excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Bachelor Degree-level of education or 5 years relevant work experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the field of Health, Safety & Security, 3 of which preferably should be within the NGO, UN, or private sector (not including military or private security);
- Solid understanding of principles and practices in broad humanitarian action, NGO safety and risk management, humanitarian access, and civil-military coordination;
- Substantial and demonstrated prior experience as a trainer, with an effective and professional training style, and the ability to develop, implement, facilitate, and impart learning to senior management and to a wide range of audiences;
- Demonstrated experience in incident and crisis management;
- Proficiency in one additional language, either French, Spanish or Arabic;
- Professional qualifications or studies in general management, security/risk management, and adult learning;
- Professional certificates as an instructor within first aid, advanced driving, and other relevant subjects;
- Prior work experience at a regional or global level.
As part of our team, you will enjoy;
- A challenging opportunity with an international team dedicated to people forced to flee;
- This is a roving position with up to 70% travel time with flexibility on the primary location.
- A 2-year contract with a likelihood of extension;
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
We strongly believe in diversity for a healthier and more creative environment. Talent exists everywhere and opportunities should be open for women and underrepresented groups at all levels. If you have a passion for building human capacity, please share your talent with the world and send us your application.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation's values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive, and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.
We are happy about early applicants and encourage you to fill out your application providing all the details.