Manager, Compensation and Benefits
Boston (United States of America)
This role was posted on June 22, 2021. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the two weeks of posting.
At Last Mile Health, we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Do you have experience managing compensation and benefits programs? Are you looking to take the lead in implementing an innovative and equitable compensation and benefits model for new and existing employees? If so, you may be the perfect fit for our Manager, Compensation & Benefits.
The Manager, Compensation & Benefits will be responsible for administering and supporting the development of various compensation and benefit programs for Last Mile Health staff working across six countries. The manager will also lead and support country teams in implementing an organization-wide compensation strategy. Key responsibilities for this position include: staff compensation setting in alignment with LMH’s compensation model; market survey benchmarking, administering US and international payroll, tracking and adhering to tax and regulatory requirements, and assessing and administering fringe benefits programs.
The Manager, Compensation and Benefits is an in-house advisor with extensive experience in setting compensation who will proactively collaborate with other members of the LMH People Operations team and leaders at the organization on various compensation and benefits related projects.
This position is open to candidates located on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have the ability to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
- Set salaries for new roles and promotions
- Analyze compensation data and develop regular reports around pay equity
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of rewards programs to ensure they are aligned with our business and talent strategies and monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate
- Working with the staff development team, build and communicate career pathways and promotions processes
- Draft and update organizational processes and procedures related to compensation for consistency and relevance across LMH’s various program countries
- Ensure appropriate payroll processes are run for US and international staff
- Lead the organization’s assessments of health, life and disability insurance options at renewal and ensure appropriate coverage
- Maintain employee records as they relate to benefits and payroll in our operating systems, NetSuite SuitePeople, and Paylocity
What You'll Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience, is required
- Experience managing compensation functions including design, cost analysis, and implementation, with full end-to-end compensation cycle experience
- Extensive knowledge of benefit and compensation programs, specifically in job evaluation, market salary analysis, geographic pay differentials, and salary survey participation and interpretation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop and present comprehensive analyses
- Strong skills in project planning and vendor management
- Ability to work effectively across internal teams, communicating clearly and comprehensively to meet project deadlines
- Experience managing benefits and compensation in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
You'll Impress Us If
- You have Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
- You have knowledge of regulatory requirements in the US and ability to assess and align current programs for compliance required,
- You have knowledge of compensation implementation in one or more of LMH program countries
- Experience running international payroll
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. In line with our compensation principles, this position will pay at the 50th to 60th percentile of the market to which you are employed. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Compensation range: $63,000 - $80,000 dependent upon experience doing an equivalent role
You can read about our competitivebenefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams, and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.