Finance Officer ( National Position)
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Job Overview/Summary: Provides support to Finance Department in preparing cash and bank disbursement, provides initial review to supporting documents in accordance with the IRC/donor policies, managing the financial documents storage and filing system:
of Cash and Bank Disbursement and relevant reports,
- Provision of initial review of supporting documents,
- Organization of storage and filing system of Finance Department.
Major Responsibilities: To perform day-to-day accounting activities
within Finance Department and process all bank/ cash accounting transactions
for Bangkok main office and review the country program filed offices bank/ cash
1. Processing of all Bangkok office cash and bank transactions ensuring
- The IRC policies and donor regulations are adhered to.
- Expenses are allowable as per specific donor regulations.
- The charging codes for payments submitted are correct.
- The calculations are correct. (this includes test of the mathematical accuracy of invoices, receipts and supporting documents to payments)
- The relevant supporting documents are attached in compliance to the IRC and the donor’s policies, procedures, and regulations.
- The request is approved by authorized person.
- Stamp all transactions as “PAID” once each transaction has been processed and is ready for filing.
2. Preparation of cash and bank transactions register log for Bangkok main office.
3. Preparation of all field offices monthly bank and cash account reconciliations.
4. Cash custodian of all Bangkok office cash on hand, perform and document weekly and month-end cash counts.
5. Ensure all vendor payments are checked for anti-Terrorist clearance according to the IRC Thailand Anti-Terrorism compliance policy.
6. Tracking expat staff utilities monthly expenses and assist with clearance of all staff receivable balances
7. Maintain financial document filing system on a daily basis ensuring all files are complete.?
8. Prepare all withholding tax forms (PND1, 3 & 53) for Senior Finance Manager signature and submit to Revenue department on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
9. Assist in tracking of all Inter-country transactions to ensure timely charging the origin country.
10. Assist in tracking of all Thai tax transactions and documentations for all USG grants tax reporting including VAT reports.
11. Assist in checking the completeness and correctness of accrual transactions for BKK and other field offices.
12. Assist in checking the completeness and correctness of transactions and documentation from the field offices.
13. Provide coverage of duties in the absence of the Finance Officer as required.
14. Perform any other duties to support Finance Department.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Senior Finance Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Programs, Operations Departments and Field Finance Offices
External: Bank, Vendors, and Revenue Department of Thailand