Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee is one of the world’s leading non-profit organizations providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, protection, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees, displaced persons and those fleeing political, ethnic, or religious persecution. At work in more than 40 countries and 26 US cities to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. The IRC is committed to freedom, human dignity and self-reliance.
The IRC has been operating in Liberia since 1996 and is one of the largest humanitarian actors in the country with current presence in Bong, Lofa, Nimba and Montserrado. IRC Liberia currently operates a variety of programs in health, women’s and child protection and economic empowerment.
The IRC is currently supporting the Government of Liberia’s National COVID-19 response through multiple existing projects.Efforts are underway to expand support to Montserrado and the rest of the 14 counties through a consortium with funding from ECHO for COVID- vaccine roll out. Through the proposed action, Concern and IRC will support the Ministry of Health (MoH) at national, County and District level to implement the project. Selection criteria for vaccination roll-out are based on the Liberian national plan and on international standards, especially in relations to advocacy, but will prioritize vulnerable populations and the healthcare workers assisting them, in particular those living in the most hard-to-reach locations. The action will also work with National, County and District government counterparts to develop and roll out a communications campaign on COVID-19 vaccine.
Terms of Reference:
The ECHO Project Assistant shall perform a variety of administrative tasks in supporting the IRC Liberia project for Supporting the roll out and promoting the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine in Liberia. Is person-centred who promotes healthy work environment that leads to positive relationships. He/she shall manage calendars, set up or organize meetings and manage information flow in an orderly and accurate manner. Is organize and pays close attention to details related to the achievement of Supporting the roll out and promoting the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine in Liberia.
- Support the Program Coordinator and team to plan activities and update the team weekly/monthly
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, typing, scanning, photocopy, print out documents etc. for the COVID-19 vaccine team with
- Collaborate with the team to develop the project’s procurement plan
- Manage calendars and set up meetings where necessary
- Maintain contact lists of COVID-19 partners
- Record minutes during meetings in order to be archived as the project’s records
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as per the project’s indicators
- Raise all COVID-19 vaccine roll out Purchase Requests (PRs), participant payment documents, ensure all participant attendance in order for the procurement and finance teams to further support COVID-19 vaccine roll out related activities
- Follow up on all COVID-19 vaccine roll out Purchase Requests (PRs) and liaise with Procurement to ensure items are purchased in a timely manner and distribution plans are properly developed
- On a weekly basis track purchase requests in an excel spreadsheet to ensure spending/expenditure records are intact
- Collaborate with warehouse for the release of project supplies to be procured
- Other tasks assign.