Case Processing Coordinator (National Position)
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Operating in fifteen countries, the RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the U.S
Job Overview/Summary: The Case Processing Coordinator oversees all functions of the RSC Case Processing Department. Case Processing Department functions include data entry of refugee case file information into START, a State Department – managed system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology; coordinating refugee medicals and departures with the International Organization for Migration (IOM); following up refugee case assurances with the Refugee Processing Center and stateside resettlement agencies.
The Case Processing Coordinator reports to the Senior Program Coordinator and coordinates processing activities with the Field Team Coordinator.
- Ensures all refugee case processing functions within the Case Processing Department strictly adhere to the PRM, USCIS, RPC, IRC and RSC Asia policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all Case Processing staff are trained to competently handle all aspects of required data entry and file maintenance.
- Update standard operating procedures quarterly in collaboration with other Coordinators, including leading the team with process reviews annually.
- Ensure updates to Case Processing standard operating procedures (SOPs) are instituted as necessary and staff training occurs accordingly.
- Ensure all data entered into START by case processing staff is error-free.
- Institute and maintain quality control checks to ensure accurate and consistent data entry of refugee case information into START and physical case files.
- Monitor and ensure follow up of high profile, vulnerable and/or sensitive cases, and expedite caseloads such as unaccompanied minors and medical cases including direct provision of Case Processing services as needed.
- Coordinate with RSC colleagues and USRAP implementing partners as needed to ensure barriers to processing are addressed in a timely manner.
-Coordinate follow up of USCIS holds with USCIS RAD HQ and USCIS FOD.
-Oversee out processing activities and ensure effective coordination with IOM on scheduling of medical processing and departures.
- Conduct routine pipeline analysis and report findings/issues to senior management.
Key Partners and Donor Relations
- Represent RSC Asia at meetings with USRAP partners as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining excellent strategic relationships with program partners, including the PRM Regional Refugee Coordinator, USCIS, UNHCR and IOM.
- Develop and distribute statistical reports to the donor and partners on key caseloads.
- Liaise with RSC Asia Kuala Lumpur leadership to support and ensure coordination of out-processing procedures.
Staff Management, Development and Retention
- Actively participate in the Leadership Team, providing solutions and direction.
- Provide daily oversight to the Case Processing including direct supervision of Senior Case Processing Manager, setting work objectives, providing training, managing performance, and assisting with recruitment strategies as needed.
- Identify performance issues within team and rectify to develop staff capacity within case processing team.
- Identify training and other development needs for the Case Processing staff.
- Provide performance feedback on a timely and regular basis, including conducting performance management evaluation activities.
- Work with Senior Case Processing Manager to ensure that regular and appropriate team meetings and trainings are conducted.
- Participate in management team activities and in annual planning processes.
- Oversee development, implementation, and regular monitoring of Case Processing budget.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements outlined in PRM’s USRAP Manual, Integrity & Compliance Module.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Program Coordinator, Thailand and the Region
Position directly supervises: Senior Case Processing Manager
Indirect Reporting: Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Program Coordinators, IRC Thailand operational support staff and occasional coordination with RSC Malaysia Program Coordinators
External: PRM Regional Refugee Coordinator’s office, PRM Program Officer, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, and other partner organizations.