Head of Secretariat, Western Balkan Investment Framework, EU Commission
The West Balkan Investment Framework works to support socio-economic development in and preparation of the six Western Balkans countries for EU membership through investment grants for infrastructure projects in the digital, energy, environmental, social and transport sector. The six countries are Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia. The main stakeholders and donors include the European Commission, the International Financial Institutions (IFIs) and the bilateral donors, including Norway, who is the largest bilateral contributor to the Western Balkans Joint Fund.
The Seconded National Expert (SNE) will serve as the head of the Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF) Secretariat.
- Assess needs, design, and implement programmes for the WBIF, ensuring compatibility and harmonisation with relevant EU policies and standards. Follow up and solve problems connected to implementation of the WBIF.
- Seek to maintain coherence of assistance activities under multi-country programmes on the one hand and activities under the national assistance programmes on the other.
- Elaborate strategy papers, reports and draft proposals within the WBIF.
- Implement the work plan of WBIF together with the other members of the team plus support from IFI Coordination Office (IFICO).
- Prepare, support, and implement decisions of the Project Financiers' Group, the EDIF Working Group and the Strategic and Operational Boards, manage reviews and evaluations of those decisions.
- Ensure that the EU funded activities within the assignment are implemented in accordance with the principles of effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
- Maintain contacts with Member State/bilateral donors’ administrations, private sector consultants, or with other contractors.
- Maintain a dialogue with the IFIs, relevant authorities, beneficiaries and other donors.
- Manage the selection process of the grant requests.
- Maintain contacts with EEAS and relevant Commission services, in particular the operational sections of EU Delegations in the candidate and pre-candidate countries.
- Ensure visibility of all grant resources available under the WBIF through relevant media including the WBIF Annual Report, press releases, local conferences/meetings, dedicated official website.
- Attend WBIF related meetings and general donor coordination.
University degree at Master level in economy/finance, political science, law or another related field.
When exceptional relevant experience, a Bachelor degree might be considered.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience, including 5 years of relevant leadership experience.
- International working experience is required. Experience in working with or within one of the Western Balkan countries is preferable.
- Experience from public management.
- Fluency in English. Working proficiency in French is an asset.
- Personal skills:
- Demonstrated aptitude to build and utilise effective partnerships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritise and achieve results through collaboration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations.
Applicants must be:
Members of the Norwegian Social Security Scheme.
Currently holding a fixed position in a ministry, directorate or other parts of the public administration.
The recruitment takes place in co-operation with the South-East European Section in the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The person will be employed by NORDEM at the Norwegian Refugee Council, throughout the secondment and NORDEMs Terms of Appointments, in terms of salary, benefits and applicable allowances, will apply.