IT Assistant (Monitoring System) Readvertisement
Post Number : 1ITSCPA102TP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 01-AUG-2021
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. can apply to this position)OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers. ICTP has been a major force in stemming the scientific brain drain from the developing world. For more than 50 years, ICTP has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of ICTS and under the immediate supervision of the Systems and Network Analyst, the incumbent will provide services in the delivery of a range of activities related to the operational monitoring of IT systems and equipment including hardware, servers, network and critical enterprise services and applications. Essential responsibilities include:Long Description
- Perform IT tasks related to the monitoring and smooth running of ICTP’s IT resources, including deployment and configuration of monitoring agents and provide technical support about automated monitoring of equipment and applications to the user community.
- Carry out IT system/network activities including troubleshooting and resolving IT problems.
- Support ICTP groups/units with the automated monitoring of networked hardware equipment and deployment of monitoring agents.
- In coordination with other team members, contribute to enhancing or adapting monitoring agents / scripts.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- Training in areas of Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in support and system administration.
- Knowledge of any IT Monitoring platform/solution (e.g NAGIOS).
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure, with minimum supervision, and to sustain limited periods with workload peaks.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Perl, Shell scripts).
- Good knowledge (spoken and written) of Italian.
Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. may apply to this position. Please note that for this position UNESCO will not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests and relocation.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.