Bidibidi - Yumbe District
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Laboratory Assistant will ensure that laboratory services of the health facility, are well planned for, provided with necessary resources and implemented in accordance with set policies and standards. They will ensure that laboratory services at the site are well managed, laboratory investigations on clients are carried out, the required health quality control of laboratory reagents and equipment is maintained and laboratory reagents and supplies are effectively used.
- Carry out phlebotomy for all tests to be conducted;
- Receive/collect, lab samples and analyse/test them;
- Keep accurate records and confidentiality of tests conducted;
- Carry out laboratory tests and produce accurate results;
- Participate in development/updating and implementation of laboratory standard operation procedures (SOPs);
- Participate in report writing by compiling reports on tests carried out at the health facility laboratory;
- Carry out quality control of laboratoryreagents and equipment;
- Assist in drawing-up laboratory plans andbudgets;
- Mentor the laboratory volunteers, and any other trainees;
- Ensure safety of clients in the laboratory.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Laboratory Technician
Technical support: Laboratory Technician, Clinical Officer, Medical Officer
Other:Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: N/A
Consortium Members: N/A
STANDARDS FOR PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.Deadline for receiving applications is July 9th,2021