Finance Business Analyst
LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months fixed-term contract.
The Finance department is looking for a Business Analyst to undertake the SOP and policy development. Transferring the current Finance processes to the new future processes for the Finance and Projects track of the D365, including those cross cutting with other Medair Teams. Building upon the major D365 application development connecting to system documentation incorporating Policy updates creating SOPs ensuring the documents capture the fundamentals of the multi-facetted Medair environment. To write use cases that will form the functional part of the major application development project Test scripts. Ideally the FTE needs Medair process knowledge and D365, experience to create process.
Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focused on the financial and investment decisions of Medair, acting as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging fit-for-purpose systems and central to this is an exciting Medair project “TMS Kyriba implementation” which is due to go live in second semester 2021, and “D365 Finance & Operations implementation” in 2022.
The ownership of the Finance SMEs to drive the successful configuration / development of the solution is a key success factor to deliver operational efficiencies in Finance and Supply Chain Management. Through automating processes with a single data-entry point, increases Medairs ability to have end-to-end accountability; and grow Medairs ability for data driven/supported decision making at a local and global level; whilst delivering a better user experience for Medairs staff.
Key Activity Areas
- Work with stakeholders from the Finance / Programs / HR departments to accurately model data and information flows in the future business operations and processes related to Finance.
- Improve functional business operations and processes by studying current practices and “To Be” System documentation; designing modifications to these business operations and processes to deliver efficiency.
- Analyze and synthesize business requirements where needed, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes. Contribute to the design functional solutions for identified business problems.
- Convert analytical findings into meaningful, actionable insights for a range of stakeholders.
- Lead on the creation of functional documentation and user manuals that complement and link with the system documentation with constructed workflow charts and diagrams.
D365 collaboration Management
- Arrange and lead on process definition meetings internally.
- Translate those processes into documents that can be incorporated into user scripts for UAT.
- Contribute to the configuration or customizations of the Medair systems to enhance business processes, help deliver clear instructions to the Application Development Team .
- Participate in CRP2, TtT &UAT sessions to capture feedback and refine the documented processes, from different point of views, based on the gathered findings.
- Work with the Stakeholders to revise the documentation based upon test scenarios.
- Coordinate test sessions with relevant business stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings with implementers and vendors as needed to align on business processes.
- This position requires an awareness of Finance / Accounting and current developments in the area of D365 technology and the ability to identify gaps in the process and propose improvements within the functional system workflow or business processes.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science or finance, business administration, accounting or a combination of technical and business.
- Six sigma or continuous improvement methodology qualification desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a relevant field of working in Finance and in the technology sector. NGO audit experience or an audit background would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience in business process/systems analysis, design and testing.
- Experience working with remote geographically disbursed teams preferred.
- Experience with D365 F&O or similar ERP system.
- Solid understanding and experience with virtualization, operating systems, data protection and retention, and other information management disciplines to support a global organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office technologies and applications. Experience with Visio software.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Basic understanding of Project Management tools and general project steps.
- Strong planning and analytical skills. Demonstrated continuous improvement and project delivery skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Demonstrated ability to acquire business knowledge and apply to IT activities.