Continuous Improvement Coordinator
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Continuous Improvement Coordinator to work in the Integrated Development Program (IDP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Review processes as needed to identify and suggest improvements.
- Continuous improvement with the corporate service units the workplans, agreements, KPI’s and other important milestones to be achieved.
- Conduct analysis of the costs and benefits of the improvements suggested by clients, internal audit, etc. for the corporate service units.
- Develop proposals and reports as needed in collaboration with the corporate service units.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis (as needed), including users, and relevant stakeholders or support personnel.
- Draft charters including costs, tasks, deliverables, and schedule as needed.
- Develop, as needed, together with the corporate service units, new management requirements.
- Generate learning and systematization of the management processes of the Corporate Services Units.
- Develop and implement quality control as needed and requested and follow up corrective actions for ongoing improvements and new actions.
- Preparation of specific information requests while collecting it.
- Capture institutional best practices and lessons learned based on experience and improvements of the Corporate Services Units.
- Set and monitor appropriate and measurable performance indicators and targets for different stakeholders and units.
- Design the monitor and control activities to be implemented in the short, medium, and long term.
- Develop and provide recommendations related to institutional process improvements for adequate donor, project and overall management.
- Coordinate audits as needed in coordination with the Internal Audit Unit, Corporate Service units and other required responsible parties.
- Organize workshops and follow-up on decisions.
- Conduct quality assurance on the different corporate services units.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure institutional integration of the continuous improvement cycles across units.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Perform other related tasks within the job level as may be requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Industrial Engineering, or similar areas. A Master’s Degree in Project Management or similar will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience, quality control or performing similar roles.
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as probing, analysis, careful judgment, flexible and original thinking, and creativity.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision-making, Client Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.