LocationMedair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months fixed-term contract.
The Finance department is looking for a Treasury Officer to support the Financial reporting & treasury manager in all aspects relating to Treasury Management: leading cash management in playing a key role in the implementation of the Kyriba TMS (treasury management system), enhancing and strengthening the Medair liquidity management (cashflow forecast, working capital management etc.), maintaining and developing Medair treasury management procedures and guidelines (including new procedures for TMS system Kyriba), updating weekly and monthly treasury reporting, participating in the Medair financial risk management (Forex etc.), controlling that the negotiated bank fees are applied correctly by our banking partners.
This role needs a TMS knowledge (Kyriba, Integrity or equivalent), and experience to document procedures. Medair is working in multi-currency, with a strong exposure to FX variations: a good knowledge of currencies risk management and hedging solutions is a requirement.
Medair GSO Finance Department, is primarily focused on the financial and investment decisions of Medair, acting as a financial gatekeeper and strategic advisor in daily business operation and also mid to long-term strategic decisions of Medair, with streamlined and optimized key processes, via leveraging fit-for-purpose systems and central to this is an exciting Medair project “TMS Kyriba implementation” which is due to go live in second semester 2021, and “D365 Finance & Operations implementation” which is due to go live in 2022.
Key Activity Areas
Cash & liquidity management
- Perform daily cashflow management in the TMS Kyriba system (GSO).
- Verify GSO weekly cashflow forecast tool is updated, and ensure that Medair GSO liquidity is sufficient to fulfil financial obligations.
- Liaise with the GSO Finance Specialist team or Finance managers of country programmes for the weekly cashflow forecasts and weekly cash needs.
- Develop and maintain Medair monthly treasury reporting.
- Reconcile Medair monthly treasury reporting (to be developed as mentioned above) with monthly cashflow statement from the Financial statements.
- Update monthly bank report.
- Analyse Medair bank fees (GSO and field), ensure bank fees are correct.
- Lead in the FX impacts analysis.
- Work with Medair Finance managers on assessing the Medair FX risks exposure, and what hedging strategy to implement in order to mitigate those risks.
Kyriba (TMS) and D365 management & collaboration
- Lead on the creation of functional documentation and user manual that complement and link with the Kyriba system documentation.
- Work on leveraging the Kyriba TMS system to improve cashflow forecasts (with D365 collaboration).
- Lead, in close collaboration with the Financial reporting & treasury manager and country programme finance teams, for Kyriba bank connectivity & payments set-up where country programmes are rolled out (with D365 collaboration).
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in finance or business administration.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Good speaking knowledge of French.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a cash management position.
- TMS (treasury management system) knowledge; experience in implementing a TMS a plus.
- Hedging strategy knowledge and experience.
- NGO experience a plus.
- Computer literate with very good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting software and TMS software.
- Problem solving ability and improvement driving skills.
- Strong knowledge in accounting, controlling & budgeting, and financial concepts.
- Competent with administrative tasks. Organized and structured. Strong attention to detail.
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills.
- Strong capability to lead projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong Christian commitment. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Enjoys challenges and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering data.
- Willingness to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
- Able to work independently and take initiatives within a consultative framework.