Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Title: Senior Consultant
Terms: Initial one-year maternity cover, starting November 2021, with possibility for permanent positions
Location: Flexible, ideally near the time zones of Europe and Africa
About Lumen Behavior
Lumen Behavior is a boutique consultancy firm specialized in sustainable development off the beaten track. Based on research and knowledge development, as well as hands-on experience in difficult or complicated contexts, Lumen Behavior supports clients in developing innovative solutions that combine long-term strategy with tangible results for diverse stakeholders.
Lumen Behavior departs from the holistic sustainability framework developed by Inter Business Initiative, a sister organization (inter-business.org) and incorporates the organizational skills in assignments to ensure long-term sustainability in a rapidly changing world.
The consultants of Lumen Behavior have experience working in challenging contexts and with difficult assignments. Examples include launching entrepreneurship support programs in contexts like DR Congo, Chad, Russia, and Afghanistan, as well as combining traditional charity work with homeless people with business interests in Sweden. Lumen Behavior specializes in combining stakeholder perspectives, often including some of the most vulnerable groups in a society, and a deep understanding for the individual and their real-life conditions with an understanding of systems and large-scale perspectives. A core of the experiences and value proposition of Lumen Behavior also lies in applying innovative solutions and business principles to social development work and the advancement of human rights.
Role: Senior Consultant
Lumen Behavior is now making investments in the international market and looking to recruit a new senior consultant. The person’s skills and experiences should match the value proposition of Lumen Behavior, while adding complementary expertise and knowledge.
The role provides opportunities for independent and flexible work with a focus on delivering results. As a consultant in a small firm, the role includes responsibilities for the business sustainability and sales as well as delivery in assignments. It will include work peaks in periods with higher intensity of work, but also periods of lower intensity and flexibility in arranging free time and recovery.
There is a strategy, including a focused service offering for Lumen Behavior, but the consultant will also have freedom and responsibility to pursue assignments of interest and participate in the strategic development of the business.
Duties and responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for delivering on a wide range of consultancy assignment as well as participating in sales and revenue generating efforts. The consultant will work both independently as well as in close collaboration with the colleagues.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
· Conduct studies with analyses of market conditions, target group perspectives
· Design plans for analysis studies or program design processes
· Conduct workshops, trainings, interviews, and similar activities with a wide range of stakeholders
· Develop and write tenders for assignments
· Managing and delivering results together with subcontractors and a range of business partners
· Demonstrates an interest in the holistic sustainable development on a global level
· Ability to work independently and remotely, self-motivated and organized
· Proven experience of communication with a range of stakeholder from different cultural backgrounds, including high-level professionals in corporate or organizational positions, as well as individuals in vulnerable contexts
· Communication skills including oral, written, and conceptual presentation
· Ability to understand and bridge varying interests and stakeholder perspectives
Required skills and experience
· Master’s degree in a relevant field for international development, which could be a general field (international relations, business management, etc) or a specialized field of relevance (security, agriculture, social behaviour, etc)
· PhD is an asset but not a requirement
· At least 10 years of professional experience, ideally in part in the capacity of a consultant
· Experience working in or with entrepreneurship and the business sector
· Experience working in or with international development actors
· International experience, including working in and with a range of markets
· Specialist experiences in one of the following areas
o Agriculture or food development and entrepreneurship
o Social behaviour, behaviour change, adult trainings
o Evaluations and/or program development for international development actors
o Other specialist areas could be considered, including gender, security, protection, environment
· Professional fluency in English is required
· Additional languages are assets, especially French, but Arabic, Russian, Swahili, and Swedish are also of interest
The current team members are mainly based out of Stockholm, but the Senior Consultant can be based anywhere given they can deliver on the responsibilities and tasks. Ideally, the person is based in Europe or Africa, for time-zone and travel considerations. The work will include international travels, but mainly be performed in their home base.
Lumen Behavior is a legal entity in Sweden and the nature of the contract can depend on the place of the consultant, either as an employee of Lumen Behavior or as a contracted consultant. Regardless of the solution, the spirit of the working relationship will be that of a full-term employee.
Interviews will be held continuously. Deadline for applications is August 15th.
For more information or questions, please contact Natalie Engdahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46702330053