Business Intelligence Analyst
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Information Technology Division (CSI) is responsible for all IT activities within the Organization. CSI performs on behalf of the Organization the following critical roles: defining FAO IT policies and providing strategic advice on IT architecture and standards, governance, policy and operational matters while monitoring organizational compliance; defining the mechanisms for managing FAO's information and data; protecting FAO's information assets and ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability; ensuring provision of IT services that are core for the Organization's global operations and supporting the information and business processes; coordinating organization-wide IT activities in order to reduce duplication and fragmentation and to increase integration of information data, systems and platforms, mobilizing IT resources from across the Organization.
The selected applicant will work within the Digital Corporate Solutions Group, under the direct supervision of the relevant Information Technology Officer and overall guidance by the Group Senior Officer, assuming the role of Business Intelligence Analyst.
This role is a senior technical role expected to significantly contribute to the design and development of a Data Warehouse based on Oracle technologies and Business Intelligence environments based on the Oracle Business Intelligence Product Suite, including further enhancement of business intelligence capabilities and modernization of technical infrastructure. This will include work on specific projects/initiatives associated with the upgrade of the current setup to Oracle cloud solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to business and scope analysis and gather and understand requirements for new business intelligence capabilities across multiple operational domains (e.g. Financials, HR, Procurement, Travel, Results based management etc.)
- Participate in business requirements gathering, design discussions, develop mock-ups and translate business requirements into technical tasks
- Perform system analysis, assess data cleansing, data enrichment and data integration requirements
- Develop Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions in accordance with various business requirements, taking advantage of new capabilities of modernized technology platforms.
- Analyse and implement data integration with other systems that may be required in order to meet business requirements
- Contribute to architectural review of the current Business Intelligence environment and work toward implementing a more modern architecture (on-premise or cloud-based), including data integration, data management and business intelligence capabilities
- Provide expertise in resolution of incidents and problems related to data warehouse and business Intelligence platforms, performing in-depth analysis of data integration, BI functionality and data quality issues providing recommendations
- Design and execute cross platform testing and verification
- Ensure coherency and compliance with appropriate organizational standards in close collaboration with relevant CIO teams
- Other related duties as necessary
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field (for Consultant). University degree or relevant background in the above mentioned fields (for PSA).
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in design and implementation of large Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian (for Consultants) or Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish (for PSA).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in design, development and deployment of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions
- Experience in using tools and technologies in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence space, including Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Data Integrator, SQL and PL/SQL, Knowledge of other BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, Power BI is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability in working independently and effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact with peers and clients in an effective and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise reports and to communicate complex technical information to non-technical colleagues in a simple manner
- Work experience in other international organizations and/or multiple locations
- Extent and relevance of experience in roles of Business Intelligence Architect/Analyst
- Extent and relevance of experience in modelling large data warehouse environments following best practices for dimensional data models
- Proficiency with technology and tools, including Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Data Integrator, SQL and PL/SQL
- Extent and relevance of experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with clients, management and peers
- Oral communication skills.
- Interview will be carried out to further evaluate the candidates.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency