Supply Chain Assistant (National Position)
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: The Supply Chain Assistant will be based in Mae Sot, Tak Province and provides supply chain services in the area of Procurement Management. Complete an assignment on responsible for Operations and Program activities and documentation based on IRC standard rule and regulation.
- Assist in purchasing all supplies and equipment based on Purchase Requests (PR) for Mae Sot and Umphang field offices and ensures procurement processes follow IRC Thailand-Local procurement thresholds.
- Assist the Supply Chain staff in photocopying and scanning all procurement documents for Mae Sot office.
- Assist the Supply Chain Staff in maintaining and updating document filing system.
- Assist the Supply Chain Staff to get invoice, receive, check, and record delivery of supplies from all vendors.
- Assist in performing inventory cycle count, annual physical and grant ending inventory, and report including with any discrepancy.
- Assist in correct tagging of all assets following Asset and Inventory Report.
- Responsible for recording and updating the databases for IRC Asset, Property, and Small Item.
- Assist Supply Chain Officer in cooperate with relevant staff to complete documentation and filling such as Asset Register, Equipment Issue/Receipt Form (EI/ER)
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Deputy Field Coordinator, OPS
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Operations and Program staff
External: Supplier, Vendor, and Agency