Cultural Orientation and Job Readiness Intern
SCOPE OF WORK: Cultural Orientation provides training for all newly arrived refugees within their first 90 days in the US. Reviewing topics such as health care, housing and law in the US along with cultural norms and personal finance and budgeting, all newly arrived refugees are able to adjust and better integrate through these trainings. Within 10 days of arrival in the US, all refugees attend Transit training, learning how to ride the bus to the local IRC office. Once the client have learned the transit system, they are then enrolled into and ELT program. Refugees and Asylees attend Job Readiness training after 30 days of arrival or enrollment into programs, allowing them to learn and adjust before entering the workforce. This internship will cover support in both teaching and administrative for all four programs: Cultural Orientation, Transit Orientation, Job Readiness Training, and English Language Training referrals.
- Provide teaching support along with teaching some lessons for Cultural Orientation, Transit Orientation, and Job Readiness Training
- Document case notes and update files for services in Cultural Orientation, Transit Orientation, Job Readiness Training, and ELT
- Assist with tracking program and client data for compliance and timely services
- Assist with connecting client to English Language Training Programs
- Call clients to schedule Cultural Orientation Training, Transit Orientation, Job Readiness Training and ELT Placement
LEARNING OUTCOMES: This internship will provide experience in teaching culturally diverse adult students about the US systems and customs.