PATH is currently hiring for a Data Manager for New Delhi location. Role is for 9 Months through 3rd Party Payroll.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Respiratory Care Management (RCM) program
The second wave of coronavirus pandemic in India has quickly spiraled into a devastating crisis. Reported daily new infections have crossed the 400,000 mark (world record) while daily reported deaths are more than 2,700. Moreover, experts suggest that the peak is yet to come. Lockdowns and curfews have been enforced in varying degrees across the country which are hurting livelihoods - particularly of those who are already vulnerable. Health systems across the country are collapsing - there is an acute shortage of hospital beds, personnel, drugs, testing kits, and life-saving oxygen.
PATH has been working in the field of oxygen delivery for almost a decade. Our work has brought together advocacy and policy, market development, engineering, product design / innovation, and health system strengthening. PATH globally has provided medical oxygen technical assistance in over 10 geographies including currently in 14 states in India. PATH is a key member of the ACT-A COVID-19 Oxygen Emergency Task Force led by the WHO. PATH’s team is made up of both global and country-based experts with in-depth understanding of oxygen ecosystem providing support. We have tools and expertise to support rigorous facility oxygen needs assessments, quantification, costing and oxygen distribution network design and facility selection.
In India, PATH has been working closely with the Indian states of Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka providing technical assistance for respiratory care. In the last year or so, PATH has coordinated across Ministry of Health, State health departments, district authorities, various facility level functionaries and vendors to address delays and fast track installation of Government of India / PM Cares approved PSA oxygen plants. PATH teams are engaged in daily monitoring of district-wise availability of resources, storage capacity, projection of oxygen inventory requirement, procurement coordination and related market shaping work.
Currently, PATH is working with government officials, donors, and partners to providing technical assistance to 9 states for helping them become Self-sufficient in oxygen. Under this project, we are supporting state governments to:
- Procure and provide oxygen equipment to enable community-based care.
- Provide technical assistance to setup and install oxygen equipment in healthcare facilities.
- Address the most critical bottlenecks in the oxygen supply by providing critical care assistance to support the management of a coherent demand & supply matching, micro-planning, and forecasting to disaggregate the oxygen supply across the country and support states in addressing the ongoing crisis.
- Coordinate timely collection, collation and compilation of programmatic data for all the projects
- Support project field offices in data management and dissemination of data
- Assist the teams in tracking of program data with various reporting sites.
- Identify and operationalize the ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Coordinate with and provide support to field staff for data cleaning and data consistency
- Develop and maintain database for capturing the programmatic data and maintenance of queries and programs for analysis and related reports
- Monitor and ensure timely dissemination of data, indicator reports and bulletins
- Collate and prepare programmatic data for reviews
- Prepare maps and presentations (program data/ indicators)
- Oversee and apply quality checks on the data and the analyzed reports for ensuring quality of data and reports disseminated
- Develop and establish data quality assessment / audit mechanism taking into account the specifics of the program.
- Analyze changes and patterns in program indicator data and indicator performance reports in order to make recommendations to M& E team and Program staff
- Design the module for conducting trainings for the field staff and national staff on data management and analysis using various data management systems
- Support program implementation with data-management for program decision making as per the M&E plans and prepare reports and factsheets as needed at all levels
- Support in documentation of various project results/processes and development of success stories and fact sheet for strategic sharing and dissemination
- Establish the process of data de-identification and prepare various program / research data sets for sharing with donor
- Participate in the strategic planning and management of meetings, workshops and training activities, follow-up visits and evaluation activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Supervise Data Assistants
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing data bases and dashboards at the program level
- Computer skills demonstrating competency in MS Office Suite, TABLEAU and at least one statistical package such as SPSS or STATA.
- Ability to compile, analyze and translate program data into impactful data representation and power point presentations.
- Ability to analyze promptly and attentive to details.
- Should display strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and hold proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to produce documents and coordinate activities with little supervision of professional quality.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, stakeholders and other organizations.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Should be able to work in a dynamic environment, display multi-tasking and adhere to tight deadlines
- Should always be willing to take initiative and demonstrate personal ownership and work under pressure
- Should be willing to travel in 60% of the cases
- Master’s degree in Computer science with programming skills.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience undertaking tasks related to data compilation and data analysis for of large public health programmes.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested Candidates can send their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note*- While applying please mention in the Subject line please mention your preferred location.