Program Associate â Market Research
PATH is currently hiring for a Program Associate – Market Research for New Delhi location. Role is for 9 Months through 3rd Party Payroll.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Respiratory Care Management (RCM) program
The second wave of coronavirus pandemic in India has quickly spiraled into a devastating crisis. Reported daily new infections have crossed the 400,000 mark (world record) while daily reported deaths are more than 2,700. Moreover, experts suggest that the peak is yet to come. Lockdowns and curfews have been enforced in varying degrees across the country which are hurting livelihoods - particularly of those who are already vulnerable. Health systems across the country are collapsing - there is an acute shortage of hospital beds, personnel, drugs, testing kits, and life-saving oxygen.
PATH has been working in the field of oxygen delivery for almost a decade. Our work has brought together advocacy and policy, market development, engineering, product design / innovation, and health system strengthening. PATH globally has provided medical oxygen technical assistance in over 10 geographies including currently in 7 states in India. PATH is a key member of the ACT-A COVID-19 Oxygen Emergency Task Force led by the WHO. PATH’s team is made up of both global and country-based experts with in-depth understanding of oxygen ecosystem providing support. We have tools and expertise to support rigorous facility oxygen needs assessments, quantification, costing and oxygen distribution network design and facility selection.
In India, PATH has been working closely with the Indian states of Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka providing technical assistance for respiratory care. In the last year or so, PATH has coordinated across Ministry of Health, State health departments, district authorities, various facility level functionaries and vendors to address delays and fast track installation of Government of India / PM Cares approved PSA oxygen plants. PATH teams are engaged in daily monitoring of district-wise availability of resources, storage capacity, projection of oxygen inventory requirement, procurement coordination and related market shaping work.
Currently, PATH is working with government officials, donors, and partners to providing technical assistance to 9 states for helping them become Self-sufficient in oxygen. Under this project, we are supporting state governments to:
- Procure and provide oxygen equipment to enable community-based care.
- Provide technical assistance to setup and install oxygen equipment in healthcare facilities.
- Address the most critical bottlenecks in the oxygen supply by providing critical care assistance to support the management of a coherent demand & supply matching, micro-planning, and forecasting to disaggregate the oxygen supply across the country and support states in addressing the ongoing crisis.
Program Associate – Market Research
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or contribute to country and market landscaping efforts to identify and engage with high impact innovations and innovators in the oxygen, respiratory care and COVID-19 space.
- Research companies and products operating in the oxygen, respiratory care and COVID-19 space and systematically organize results in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Create clear frameworks for the evaluation of innovative and novel products for their suitability, health impact potential, and compatibility within existing health systems
- Analyze primary data and secondary data sources, including cataloging relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Collaborate with global and country PATH programs to develop primary qualitative and quantitative research on identified health products offerings (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and medical devices), price levels, manufacturer capabilities, and other supply-related questions
- Create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for stakeholder presentations.
- Analyze strategies for target markets to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Support development of product advancement plans specific to the needs of each product in the oxygen / respiratory care space.
- Collaborate with PATH external partners including multilateral organizations, manufacturers, nonprofits, and country governments to coordinate supply and delivery of essential health products.
- Develop, use, and establish best practices for a range of standardized tools, econometric methods, frameworks and modeling approaches.
- Contribute to landscaping efforts, including creation of data visualizations to facilitate their interpretation by country and/or global stakeholders.
- Support database design and management for supply chain and market analyses.
- Contribute to business development activities through preparation of materials and support of strategic design of proposals.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned as per the organizational needs
- Conducting and analyzing market research studies to inform decision-making.
- Ability to derive strategic insights for country and global stakeholders from qualitative and quantitative data and analysis.
- Experience building costing tools, demand forecasts, health impact models, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but capable also of working independently and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Self-starter and comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Receptive to and values open and honest feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Versatile and responsive working virtually and collaboratively with teams across the world.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, or equivalent plus 1-2 years’ experience that involves data and/or market analysis or a bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical knowledge of market analysis to inform decision-making, experience working with healthcare products, and/or technical product analysis, preferably within the context of LMICs.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Experience in analytics or statistical software (e.g., R or STATA), data visualization software (e.g., Tableau), and/or geospatial mapping a plus.
- Direct experience working in low-and-middle-income countries a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Management consulting experience is a plus.
- Must have legal authorization to work in in India.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested Candidates can send their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note*- While applying please mention in the Subject line please mention your preferred location