The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the WPE Coordinator and based in Aden , the WPE Manager position will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation, technical mentorship, and quality of a robust WPE prevention and response team of over 25 staff in Aden and Abyan governorates. The IRC is committed to gender equality.
Technical Quality and Grant Management:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the WPE program in Aden and Abyan and implement a capacity building plan for relevant project staff.
- Provide on-going training, coaching and mentoring to the team and partners to ensure quality of WPE service delivery and all other program activities.
- Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design
- Manage related grants; develop and maintain work, spending and procurement plans for multiple projects.
- Prepare internal and external reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats.
- Manage the relevant project budget; oversee budget expenditures and ensure they are allowable and allocable; monitor monthly Budget vs. Actual and expenditure sheets.
- In coordination with the WPE Coordinator, participate in the development of proposals and concept notes for expanding IRC’s WPE portfolio.
Recruitment and team management
- Recruit, train, and orient national staff in conjunction with Human Resources Department
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation is in place and followed up regularly.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local and international partners
- Adapt and facilitate trainings for partners to ensure effective and safe coordination of service provision
- Advocate with peer agencies, government, and other partners to promote delivery of inclusive and high quality response services.