Tableau Platform Manager (Remote)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are seeking to fill a remote working consultancy position of Tableau Platform Manager.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP Technology Division (TEC, formerly known as IT) is the digital business engine of the World Food Programme, providing the business with multi-pronged and resilient technical capabilities able to respond with the agility required in humanitarian operations, be they manmade or in a natural disaster setting. TEC Division continues to increase its activities to meet the constantly growing demand from the organization and implement the initiatives related to digital transformation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Seeking Tableau Champions! WFP has launched its digital transformation program with a strong focus on utilizing data for better informed decision-making. We are investing in our deployment of Tableau, to enable powerful visual analytics capabilities, alongside our corporate platforms for data integration, deep field data collection, and corporate reporting. We are looking for candidates who want to take ownership of our Tableau roadmap, dynamically build an inclusive Tableau user community and support the use of data and analytics so that WFP can stretch each and every dollar as far as possible for the people we serve.
Under the supervision of the Chief Data and Analytics Officer, TEChnology (TEC) Division, the Tableau Platform Manager will be a key team member in leading the design, implementation, operation and optimization of Tableau services to support WFP HQ and field offices worldwide. Major duties include owning the platform roadmap and framework according to Tableau Blueprint best practices, fostering and improving the use of analytics throughout the organization by overseeing the Tableau user community, leading server upgrade and performance initiatives, developing and adhering to WFP’s data governance policies and guidelines, and liaising Tableau services companies and partners on product improvements or solutions development.
Tableau Community (50% of effort)
- Liaise with Tableau Foundation and other partners on data and analytics events and/or communications campaigns, highlighting analytics success stories supported by Tableau.
- Support Tableau Doctors sessions with the WFP Data Fellow network (train the trainers).
- Engage WFP data and analytics community through posts and responding to functional questions, product roadmap / feature previews, and examples of best practices.
- Deliver Tableau Webinars or develop content for data proficiency / literacy for staff.
- Streamline product licensing guidance based on Tableau for new and existing users, ensuring up to date licensing analytics.
- Coordinate Tableau training needs with LTA partners for effective and efficient delivery, in-person or online.
Content & Data Governance (40% of effort)
- Oversight of the framework for user management, including groups, projects, workbooks, data sources, along with the integration with WFP staff directory. Create guidelines and sensitize guidelines with Tableau community.
- Implement WFP’s data governance process that meets information security and data privacy and protection requirements – this includes ensuring private data controls are in place for server prod, QA, and caching environments.
- Monitor data quality by enforcing master data management guidelines, establishing guidelines for Tableau connectors.
Technical Platform Oversight (10% of effort)
Oversight and coordination of the Tableau Support and Maintenance team. Tableau Support and Maintenance team responsibilities:
- To ensure configuration, patching, and upgrading of the Tableau Server and Desktop across environments based on release schedules.
- Manage Tableau Server infrastructure from user setup to performance tuning in a high availability environment (e.g., Security, Clustering, Load Balancing, User Management etc.).
- End-user requests/incidents triaging and analysis
- Support Tableau API implementation requests.
- Work in collaboration with the security team and data protection team on content and data governance activities.
- Develop a close working relationship with the TEC Data Program team and other technology colleagues on integration roadmaps with other technology products (e.g., WFP corporate integration platform, API gateway, SAP HANA, etc.).
- Develop a set of performance metrics with Support and Maintenance team to monitor the success of Tableau Server / Desktop and provide insights to help drive improvements for WFP.
- Establishment of a Tableau user community in WFP incorporating existing Data networks.
- Support of user community including provision of Tableau Doctor Hours.
- Refresh of the WFP Tableau portal (analytics.wfp.org) and WFP Partner Portal
- Development of a Tableau platform roadmap using the WFP Tableau Blueprint (developed by Tableau)
- Development and implementation of formal Tableau training paths for WFP staff
- Success metrics established for Tableau services.
- Oversight of the Tableau Support and Maintenance Team including large infrastructure project (upgrading of Tableau hosting infrastructure).
- Oversight on the implementation of platform data governance and platform optimization.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Advanced University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Data Management, Statistics, Information Management other relevant discipline
- At least 6 years of experience working with data and analytics projects.
- At least 4 years of experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL and PL/SQL.
Technical Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Tableau Certification in Tableau Desktop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid technical understanding of data management & ETL.
- Rich experience and proven skills in working towards a common goal in a team of diverse skills, experience, and cultural backgrounds, with heavy emphasis towards business and non-technical team members and stakeholders outside the team.
- High problem-solving skills and willingness to develop any technical skills needed, if any.
- Experience with geographically distributed teams where the focus on team- work and achieving deliverables require very strong communication skills – both written and verbal – to ensure team members are aligned on the final deliverables and processes to achieve high quality results.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and experience in project planning.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
WFP offers a competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 19 July 2021 at 11:59pm Rome time
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Saving lives, changing lives