Executive Assistant (100%)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: Permanent contract - 100%
Start date: October 2021
Reporting to: Head of Support Services
HQAI is an independent auditor for the humanitarian and development sector. The standard we use is the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) on Quality and Accountability. HQAI verifies that organisations correctly apply the standard from the head office to the field. HQAI responds to growing demands from NGOs, governments, donors and the public for a professional, objective and independent assurance that organisations supporting vulnerable and at-risk communities act in accordance with the CHS. HQAI is a not-for-profit organisation registered as a Swiss association.
From HQAI Secretariat based in Geneva, a small and dedicated team manages the organisations’ activities. The Executive Assistant will experience a dynamic working environment oriented towards innovation. This job opening is a unique opportunity to be involved in a cutting-edge initiative, learn about quality and accountability and contribute to advance HQAI’s impact in the humanitarian and development sector.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The role provides efficient and continual support to three departments, i.e. Direction, Administration Finance and Human Resources, as well as Marketing and Communication. Priorities and workload will be adapted based on specific needs from these departments and as agreed with the line manager.
- Support in drafting, editing and disseminating administrative communication towards Geneva and Federal authorities.
- Support in drafting, editing and disseminating administrative communication towards our partner organisations and auditors.
- Support in collecting offers for administrative and communication needs and finalise selection process documentation.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving digital and manual filing systems.
- Proactively handle and dispatch incoming phone calls, slow mail and e-mails on email@example.com address.
- Draft, edit and disseminate meeting minutes of internal, governance and donor meetings.
- Support HQAI’s direction in organising travel and logistical arrangements in line with internal rules and donor requirements.
- Support in the organisation and management of internal and external events (meetings, general assemblies, training, round tables, exhibition participation).
- Respond to specific needs of the department related to external and internal communication activities, including continual tracking of claims and certificates.
- Respond to any other specific requests from the Head of Support Services, Head of Marketing and Communication, Deputy Director and Executive Director, for administrative related topics.
Professional knowledge and experience
- CFC de commerce, or other equivalent Degree as Assistant Secretary, Administrative Assistant;
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative, secretarial or personal assistant roles;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, organisational software, Apple environment; general and solution-oriented understanding of IT issues.
- Self-reliant and open-minded;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Pro-active, organised, hard-working and reliable individual and work style;
- Team player with good interpersonal and organisational skills, flexible;
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments;
- Strong dedication towards supporting HQAI’s mission and partner organisations;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French, German is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their application file (in English) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your CV, a cover letter, the names of two references, and mention the job opening title, in the subject line. References will not be contacted before the end of the selection process.
Please note that applications from EU and non-EU citizens will only be considered if a copy of a valid Swiss work permit is sent with the application. Deadline for applications: July 29, 2021.
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t get any return from HQAI within six weeks after the closing date, please consider that you have not been selected.