Head of Strategic Planning and Middle Office
Ref. Number: 21068
Department: Office of the Treasurer
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: July 7, 2021
Closing Date: July 28, 2021
Head of Strategic Planning and Middle Office
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The primary responsibility for the Head of Strategic Planning and Middle Office is to lead a team responsible for facilitating Treasury’s strategic activities. The role focuses on providing analysis, projections, and stress tests for AIIB’s cash flows, liquidity, and finances; advice about strategies for managing AIIB's balance sheet within relevant financial policies and authorizations, as well as management of several of Treasury’s stakeholders, including shareholders, external and internal clients, credit rating agencies, and business counterparties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee medium- and long-term cash forecasting (contractual and behavioral), including cash flow modeling, analysis, projection, and stress testing. Monitor and project compliance to liquidity policies and limits.
- Develop and maintain the Bank’s long-term financial projections.
- Within relevant policies and by leading cross-departmental collaboration, develop and manage strategies to manage the Bank’s balance sheet (ALM).
- Support product development for client operations areas, including – but not limited to – flexible financing products, local currency, structured finance, and loan syndications. In particular, advise on hedging, pricing and structuring.
- Oversee the Treasury valuations and collateral management functions, which includes modeling and pricing of the Bank’s financial instruments, explanation of results and monitoring of collateral activity. Ensure CSA terms are being met and directly manage collateral posted as Independent Amount.
- Lead Treasury in the negotiation of CSAs and in contracting with rating agencies.
- Lead the Bank’s relationship with credit rating agencies, including facilitation of ratings reviews, meeting information requirements of rating agencies and planning/advising the Bank to ensure maintenance of triple-A ratings from each agency.
- Monitor compliance of treasury portfolios to all limits.
- Monitor and report on the performance of all assets in the Treasury Management System at the portfolio level.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee (as system administrator) Treasury’s IT infrastructure.
- Participate, as directed, in relevant internal committees and working groups as well as in relevant external conferences and peer group fora.
- Maintain all procedures for the Treasury middle office function and identify/implement additional procedures as needed.
- Regularly report objectives and results.
- At all times maintain compliance with internal and external regulations and controls.
- Contribute proactively to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Treasury function by leveraging technology, driving automation and defining best-in-class processes amd procedures.
- Serve in key back up functions to Treasury Operations Services.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant practical experience in an international treasury/risk management environment
- Master's degree preferably in finance, business, or quantitative discipline or equivalent work experience.
- CTP certification a plus.
- Fluency in English, oral and written.
- Detail oriented, conscientious and systematic.
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Team player and ability to communicate well with others.
- Must be able to lead cross-functional projects and handle pressure well.
- Excellent spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity and experience with a broad range of Treasury Management Systems (TMS).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive selection process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.